PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Sticky/Article?

MrJim
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Usually when I go into a new area to learn about something there's a sticky or article with the basic info~looks like someone needs to be busy :)

So what is the story on freshwater shrimp? From reading some threads it appears they have to be carefully placed lest they be eaten. What are the popular kinds, how are they fed, what kind of water do they like, what kind of tankmates do they like, how are they fed?

korith
11-30-2008, 08:30 PM
On the left side of the webpage, under Articles, click on invertebrates, you'll see a lot of artices about shrimp there.

MrJim
12-01-2008, 01:21 AM
On the left side of the webpage, under Articles, click on invertebrates, you'll see a lot of artices about shrimp there.

Hey thanks~shrimp are invertebrates http://bestsmileys.com/doh/1.gif

MrJim
12-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Ghost Shrimp sounded interesting~~would Goldfish really eat them though? Those shrimp take a wide temp variance (article said 65-82). Cories wouldn't bother them, would they? Sounds like the shrimp can spend a bit of time combing the bottom of a tank.

I don't think I've ever seen any FW shrimp at my LFSs, only those red saltwater guys..

korith
12-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Ghost Shrimp sounded interesting~~would Goldfish really eat them though? Those shrimp take a wide temp variance (article said 65-82). Cories wouldn't bother them, would they? Sounds like the shrimp can spend a bit of time combing the bottom of a tank.

I don't think I've ever seen any FW shrimp at my LFSs, only those red saltwater guys..

Most of the lfs I been to have ghost shrimp at least. A lot of people use them as feeders for their fish. Best way to help your shrimp survive, is to have some plants they can hide out in. hornwort, java moss, or stuff like that.

Red
12-01-2008, 03:03 AM
You could try ghost shrimp with your goldfish, if they dont survive then dang you cant have shrimp. But dont pay more then 40 cents for them..

MrJim
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
You could try ghost shrimp with your goldfish, if they dont survive then dang you cant have shrimp. But dont pay more then 40 cents for them..

I'll have to look closer~I've got 3 lfs in town, especially since they don't sound expensive...40 cents per..