PDA

View Full Version : Angel Egg Pics and Q ^_^

Demi ^_^
11-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Yup, my #1 pair of Angels have had 5 broods of eggs, all unsuccessful and my 2# pair have had their 3rd batch earlier today. Here are some piccies:

http://i33.tinypic.com/152nvj8.png

http://i33.tinypic.com/2wdbx2g.png

http://i35.tinypic.com/95yd87.png

Their is only 1 white egg (Un-fertilised) BTW :))

I suspect both pairs of Angels are eating their brood after lights out, because I have noted that after lights out, the parents seem to not defend their eggs anymore. Should I leave the tank light on all night tonight? Its not a strong light at all, infact its a 2ft flourescent, whereas the tank is actually 3ft...

Help :))

teach
11-29-2008, 05:29 AM
I dont like leaving the lights on I did it on accicent the other day and all the fish were acting funnythe next day. You could get some moonlights maybe that would help.Oh and good pics

Northernguy
11-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Leaving the light on may stress the fish.Have you got a breeder net you could place them in.You will have to keep them from developing fungus for a few days.

nwnittany
11-29-2008, 06:53 AM
fwiw, I have a young pair that's had 4 sets of eggs. The first three never made it through the night - I think because I turned the lights out. The last set made it three days before they disappeared...each night, I left the lights on. But, alas, all I have now is the same number of fish and a ton more algae......

We'll get it right one of these times !!!!

Harls
11-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Demi, i hvae an old breeder trap, if you could remove the leaf, aplace it in the trap, maybe they will make it?? and also the holes in the bottom of the trap a big enough for aabies to go through aswell, so they can hide in it...?

Demi ^_^
11-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Thankyou Harls!!!!!!!

So, do I just snap off the leaf and put it into the breeder trap. What else do i do??

Harls
11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
thats what i would do... anyone else??

korith
11-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Thankyou Harls!!!!!!!

So, do I just snap off the leaf and put it into the breeder trap. What else do i do??

I think some people use a plastic spoon to careful pick them up. But I think your solution is better, less risk of damage to eggs.

Brookfish
11-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Demi,
Angels are notorious for eating their eggs and being bad parents,
I think it took my breeding pair 6 attempts at spawning before
they got things right, leaving your light on all the time will create
a bad algae problem for you, I like the idea of removing the leaf
with the eggs and trying to artificially hatch them, I would
gently run an airstone near the eggs just to create some water
movement, best of luck with them, keep us updated.

Northernguy
11-29-2008, 08:04 PM
I agreeLOL place the whole leaf inside with a bubble stone underneath gently moving the water near the egg to keep them from growing fungus.It should only take a few days!
Good Luck and do not forget pics!!!!!:19:

Demi ^_^
11-29-2008, 10:02 PM
KK, well the breeding trap actually attaches itself to the fish tank, so the breeding trap still gets the same water movment and stuff as the big tank. I am really sick ATM and last night, so we ended up leaving the light on all night.

I have to try and make this breeder trap fit...

The eggs are still their, but 1/5 or so are white...

Brookfish
11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear you are ill Demi, I hope you feel better soon.
As you know the white eggs are infertile, it's good the
others are still there though, gently running an air stone
over the eggs mimics the parent fish's fanning action,
if you have one I would give it a try, the regular water
movement dosn't have the same effect.

Demi ^_^
11-30-2008, 05:54 AM
We do have a spare battery-operated air stone...

Should I, just snap off the leaf and put it in a 1-2g jar? Would that do for awhile? I think it would be much easier and better then the breeding trap...