PDA

View Full Version : albino bristlenose plecos why so delicate?

LORENZO
11-29-2008, 12:09 AM
(zfish) Is it just me or are these plecos more delicate? I have other plecos and one huge one but the normal bristle noses are fine. Grow nicely eat well and are quite docile really. Some activity in the daytime. But i always end up having to buy these albino bristlenoses young and have never had one last more than week in my tank. And i have been successful with plecos having had in the past to give some away due to their size. I have not been able to keep one with discus they always bother those bristle noses. I wil have to try ottos with them. But are these albinos more delicate? i have lots of albino catfish and they are hardy. They have thrived.

teach
11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Ive heard that all albino animals are a little more delicate.

mac
11-29-2008, 02:06 AM
Hi,
Yes I have heard the same. Yet again I have head that some Albino fish are just as strong as the normal types.

But as for Bristle Nose being peaceful mine aren't. If anything comes near it it will chase it away. And if a Pleco swims past then world war three starts.

mac

cer
11-29-2008, 02:32 AM
I agree the albino fish are always pretty fragile.

LORENZO
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes I have heard the same. Yet again I have head that some Albino fish are just as strong as the normal types.

But as for Bristle Nose being peaceful mine aren't. If anything comes near it it will chase it away. And if a Pleco swims past then world war three starts.

mac[/QUOTE]
:12: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]now this is interesting. My female just well hides by driftwood. Never nudges the otto in angel tank out of the way. hmm but as for the other normal old pleco he is a brute. Big saucy. Now they say clown plecs are aggressive i have not noted this either. You should see the two plecs in my 125. I had to remove kribs and ohhh i got a shock when i saw just how big these guys were. bEautiful fish!