PDA

View Full Version : crab compatability

aquakid
11-28-2008, 01:37 PM
will my rainbow shark:jaws: kill my crabs(they are supposed to be red asians but they look like red version of fiddlers) also, there is supposed to be somethin the crabs can get out of wter, nothing i have is high enough to reach top but plants. will that be ok

Crispy
11-28-2008, 02:07 PM
crabs will find a way to get out somehow. I had one for about 3 months and I didn't think there was any way he could escape, but he did.

angelcakes
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
will my rainbow shark:jaws: kill my crabs(they are supposed to be red asians but they look like red version of fiddlers) also, there is supposed to be somethin the crabs can get out of wter, nothing i have is high enough to reach top but plants. will that be ok
hello
your rainbow shark will most likely eat the crab,crabs can easily escape from the tank up heater leads and if you have an internal filter,these crabs can and will climb,you would need a very secure lid,also a crab needs land to sit and chill out on,stones,rocks,wood,as an example as crabs are not fully aquatic and cannot just breathe underwater,

aquakid
02-02-2009, 01:54 AM
i orriginally posted this thead and i would just like to say the crab is doing fine in the tank and rainbow shark seems to ignore the shark

Gemini
02-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Great that it's working out after 2 months.:19:
Crabs climb. Make sure there is no escape route - just because he hasn't found it yet doesn't mean he won't. It would suck to lose him now!
RTS get crankier as they get older so just keep an eye on him. I have one that never bothered a soul until recently. SO be prepared to have to change your set up.
Good luck