PDA

View Full Version : Apisto Cacatuoides Male

Fishalicious
11-28-2008, 12:52 AM
After having placed a film and piccies of one of the females & fry I realized that the MAN himself has not shown himself yet on this forum :c2:

After having akways kept the Orange Flash variety and no other one being able to replace the last two gems of orange flashesI had I decided to go over to the red side...

Named freckles for his cute little spots on the caudal fin, he is not fully grown yet and I guess him to be around 6-7 months old - I think he is going to be a stunner when fully grown.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n323/Fishaliciousfish/db4ebf74.jpg

Here he is trying to get started on his 2nd nest and showing off at one of the ladies
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n323/Fishaliciousfish/952a5f83.jpg

Cute huh? You can tell a 2nd nest will be coming as she (behind him) is showing a black blotch on her side (instead of the usual black line) which is an indiciation she is impressed with him

Wild Turkey
11-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Omg Jess those pics are unreal:19:

Nobodynotime
11-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Wow that is one of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen!!!! Im jealous! So most other fish of that kind don't have those freckles? Thanks for sharing!

Fishalicious
11-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Wow that is one of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen!!!! Im jealous! So most other fish of that kind don't have those freckles? Thanks for sharing!

A double red variety would have a plain back fin... a triple red would have a full pattern on him like his top fin... so I guess this little guy is a Double red and a Half LOL

I have plenty from his first nest swimming around here you are welcome to :19:

Also thank you so much Wild One! xx

fins_n_fur
11-28-2008, 07:53 AM
As always, great photos! Will the yellow colouring stay or will that fade to grey as he gets older? I didn't notice that with my male caca young guys (one below). Will have to watch for the black spot on the females now! I hadn't see that before!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/597/medium/IMG_1451.JPG

Fishalicious
11-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Caca's can be in all colors .... males can also disguise themselves as females so can take on a yellow color he is on full on flirt mode here so trying to show as much color as possible to the lady. What are you feeding your little guys!!! He sure has his papa's build LOL His top fin is kind of short... how old are they now?

fins_n_fur
11-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Funny that you say that about his dad's build. I came home the other night and had peek at the tank and saw this guy swimming across the bottom just like his dad did...gave me quite a start LOL. Same diet as everyone else, hikarin micro wafers and brine shrimp, and the odd bloodworms as treats (usually 1 a week or 1 every two weeks). In the picture, I'm thinking he was 3-4 months old, so about six months now. I've seen my youngest male disguise himself quite a few times, more when Big Daddy was still around. He doesn't do it much now. I'll try to get a few newer pictures today.

Brookfish
11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Quality pics of beautiful fish guys,

teach
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
What a beautiful fish I wish I could find something like that. Thanks for sharing jess