PDA

View Full Version : Listless Cory have U seen this B4

blue fin
01-22-2007, 03:23 AM
I have an Albino Cory that we call Possum due to his behavior, he always sits and acts as if he doesn't exist until he is startled or goes for some food...etc... tonight he is laying on his side, I though he was dead and put the net in to get him and he shot off and swam away then finding a new spot. I have never seen him lying on his side, he always sits flat on his stomach.. has anyone ever seen this???

He doesn't show any signs of distress at all other than his absolute listlessness and I'm concerned.... fins all look good, cant see any fungus, gills seem ok, eyes normal...is it me??? this is driving me nuts.. my cardinals may have swim bladder ( mildly ) as a few of them have been swimming at an angle ( nose down about 15 degrees ) and their abdomens seem distended... is it possible he has this also??

Any advise is welcome, I haven't had lots of experience with disease and therefore don't know the signs well, I don't see anything resembling what I am seeing in my book..thanks

cocoa_pleco
01-22-2007, 04:23 AM
sounds like the cory also has bloat. I used to breed albino cories, and never saw that behavior before. dont feed him for a bit also, like the cardinals.:4:

blue fin
01-23-2007, 02:09 AM
Thanks, I just hope I don't loose too many cardinals to the larger tetras I have in the tank, but I suppose it has to be done....

Thanks

cocoa_pleco
01-23-2007, 05:29 AM
i hate to say this, but if you end up having to put down the cardinals, go with the freezer.
hope they get well:1:

Lady Hobbs
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
My loaches sleep on their sides all the time. Haven't seen my coreys do that, however, I see them so seldom who would know.

Glasstapper
01-23-2007, 08:18 PM
want to trade albinos? Mine won't stop being spastic. Especially once the light goes out, they are zooming back and forth, back and forth, for hours. They are hilarious to watch. They'll take a few minutes rest, find some food to munch on, then back to zooming.

blue fin
01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
want to trade albinos? Mine won't stop being spastic. Especially once the light goes out, they are zooming back and forth, back and forth, for hours. They are hilarious to watch. They'll take a few minutes rest, find some food to munch on, then back to zooming.

Mine still has his moments, zooming from top to bottom, I haven't seen him in over a day, I'll look for him again tonight, the cardinals are swimming normally now after 2 days since eating, they are lacking some color though... most of the red has gone very pale .... I think if I can't see any sign of problems I may feed them a little tonight.

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 01:05 AM
hope they get well.

My cories also act like they have ADDHD. They zoom and swerve and all go to the top for air one at a time in a straight row. They belong to the "corie coordinated swim group". LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

blue fin
01-24-2007, 01:06 AM
hope they get well.

My cories also act like they have ADDHD. They zoom and swerve and all go to the top for air one at a time in a straight row. They belong to the "corie coordinated swim group". LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Must be in their "Jeans"... kinda like ants in the pants....:14:

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 01:19 AM
hahaha. Jeans. That one cracked me up!:laugh1blue:

blue fin
01-24-2007, 01:32 AM
hahaha. Jeans. That one cracked me up!:laugh1blue:

Like a plumber?????LOL

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 02:14 AM
hahahahahahahahhahaha. It never ends!