PDA

View Full Version : reptileguy??

Lady Hobbs
01-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Isn't the featherfin and the Synodontis eupterus the same thing? If I search for SE, it comes up as Featherfin Squeaker and if I search for Featherfin, the search comes up as SE.

Fishguy2727
01-22-2007, 03:24 AM
That's what it looks like online, planet catfish has them listed as the same thing. I thought they were different because at work they are listed separately on out availability list. In the catfish section it has Synodontis eupterus listed, and then later featherfin synodontis is listed, I wonder what they are selling for featherfins. It is most likely a misidentification by whoever is selling them to the wholesaler that we go through. It still goes though that the biggest one I have seen was about 7". It might be like the clown loaches where they have the potential to be larger, but effectively never reach it in captivity.

Lady Hobbs
01-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks for answering. I was looking for an easy thing to call them. Featherfin I can pronounce AND spell. Forget Synodontis eupterus!! I know most fish also have a common name so was looking for one here, as well.