PDA

View Full Version : Dyed Fish! Sickning...

Corndawg
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Just found a few pics that disgusted me, thought Id share

http://i37.tinypic.com/29mx8ap.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2gsoqgx.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/t6ox2q.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/x66ib.jpg

gm72
11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Terribly disgusting. Spread the word about how they get that way.

BOYCOTT DYED FISH!!!!!

I won't even shop at a store that carries them.

Wild Turkey
11-26-2008, 03:48 PM
We've all seen it before. No offense but we dont need a reminder, bleck. :( (pics at least) I hate seeing these...

Lady Hobbs
11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I can't imagine a person even wanting one of these unless they were maybe 5 years old. They are ugly.

angelcakes
11-26-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't imagine a person even wanting one of these unless they were maybe 5 years old. They are ugly.
i agree, i also agree with GM i wouldn't go to lfs that sells dyed fish
the pictures are sickning and it really(i cant say the word:27: ) ....... me off!!!!!

korith
11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Even ignoring the fact they are dyed, they don't really look that great either. I just don't see the appeal to them.

angelcakes
11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Even ignoring the fact they are dyed, they don't really look that great either. I just don't see the appeal to them.
look at lady hobbs's avatar that is how a parrot fish should look like......natural

Corndawg
11-26-2008, 05:14 PM
I agree it is not right to do that to these fish. But there must be enough kids and non-informed people out there to keep buying them up. I think all but one fish/pet store around here carries some sort of these fish. Just saw some blacklight/glow tetras at wallmart even!

cer
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
that does not look natural

gm72
11-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I can't imagine a person even wanting one of these unless they were maybe 5 years old.

...and even then the parents should be responsible and use it as a way to educate about animal cruelty.

Wild Turkey
11-26-2008, 08:24 PM
...and even then the parents should be responsible and use it as a way to educate about animal cruelty.

seriously, i can understand that there is a lot of people that are ignorant about dying fish. But, how could you look at THAT and not think its cruel, even if you arent "into" fish. I mean come on parents. Its your wallet! Act like it!

Nobodynotime
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I've been happy to see a decrease in the selling of them its been months since I've seen any for sale at petco or petsmart,(around here atleast) and I think this is mostly do to the complaints from serious hobbyists, goodstuff. But I was a little little sickened when I just saw the glowlites available at walmart recently...sometimes I wonder what they are doing selling fish, I really dont like shopping at pet superstores but I am even more skeptical about buying them at an all around superstore. I don't know about the ones near you, but our walmart always has atleast a couple dead fish in each tank or several tanks with ick or are over grown with algae. The only good thing I can say about it is I got an electric blue crayfish for 11 dollars a couple weeks ago which is real cheap, otherwise no good.

Gemini
11-27-2008, 12:29 AM
seriously, i can understand that there is a lot of people that are ignorant about dying fish. But, how could you look at THAT and not think its cruel, even if you arent "into" fish. I mean come on parents. Its your wallet! Act like it!

Ok first up I can't see the pic cause I'm at work and have some funky firewall. But I think it's good to have the pics up - yes they are gross - but even if it helps one more person recognise that these fish are not natural I think is helpful. Hopefully people can tell but hey people aren't always clever!
I'm not sure about the other aussies on here - but I rarely see any dyed fish!! I only know one place that sells them!! :19:

Corndawg
11-27-2008, 12:34 AM
But, how could you look at THAT and not think its cruel, even if you arent "into" fish.

I honestly think a lot of people think they are cool looking, and dont ever think past that. Just assuming thats some sort of natural coloring. These are the people that shouldnt own fish to begin with!

gm72
11-27-2008, 12:58 AM
I honestly think a lot of people think they are cool looking, and dont ever think past that. Just assuming thats some sort of natural coloring. These are the people that shouldnt own fish to begin with!

...or continue breathing for all I care. Certainly shouldn't procreate. :14:

Wild Turkey
11-27-2008, 02:15 AM
...or continue breathing for all I care. Certainly shouldn't procreate. :14:

Seriously. Crosswalks are made for people like that. How could you look at that fish and think for a second its "natural". I could see some fish being confusing....but not any of those. Youd have to have an IQ of 55....its pink polka-dots, hearts and lipstick for crying out loud.

Its a strong statement (especially from gm) But its one i happen to agree with.

Gemini
11-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I agree 100% - unfortunately I guess I've spent too much time in customer service but I don't have the faith in human smarts. Some people are too dumb to realise the fish weren't born like that. Should just ban them...

Wild Turkey
11-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Should just ban them...

YES oh yes.

Red
11-27-2008, 02:57 AM
YES oh yes.

X3 YES oh yes. thumbs2:

korith
11-27-2008, 04:22 AM
look at lady hobbs's avatar that is how a parrot fish should look like......natural

I meant the dye/tattoo on the fish, it just makes it look bleh. Didn't see the appeal of adding a tattoo.

donvichu
11-27-2008, 04:39 AM
we should probably tattoo dyed fish all over the body of the person who does this and put him up for sale at a pet store to make him understand how gross it is...(bat) (bat) (bat)

mac
11-27-2008, 08:26 AM
OHHHHH that is stupid disgusting and horrible.

I would never ever shop in a place that sell fish like that. I would blake mail them in any way I could.

I wished some one would put a stop to this happening.

mac