PDA

View Full Version : ID help needed

Kaga's Kritters
11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
My lfs has this fish and we aren't sure what it is. I am thinking it may be some type of barb........ It does move fast and is very shy/scared. It is about 2-3 inches long right now. The pic is not very good (taken w/ cellphone), but it's all I have. thanks.

angelcakes
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
after doing some googleing on barbs ive found 2 which look similar or hopefully is the same as yours
1,snakeskin barb
2,hexazon barb
ive put the pictures as attachments have a look

Sasquatch
11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Could be the same thing as Angelcakes fishes ... but around here we call those Melon Barbs ... though the image is kinda fuzzy.

The link has a decent photo .. about halfway down. At the bottom of the page there is also info about the fish ... and other barb species.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php?article_id=613

Kaga's Kritters
11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
thanks........ i am leaning towards the snakeskin barb as the body shape is more similiar to that one. the one at the lfs isn't as dark in coloring, but that may be from stress too. I looked up snakeskin barbs and it does say they are more of a community fish and aren't nippy like other barbs, which definitely fits the personality of the fish at the lfs. im going to check out more on snakeskin barbs and see what i can find out.

1fastneonrt
01-23-2009, 08:28 AM
clown barb

Dave66
01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
clown barb

I agree. Clown barb it is. Puntius everetti.

Dave

Kaga's Kritters
01-23-2009, 01:05 PM
this post is like 2 mths old, lol. but thanks.