PDA

View Full Version : Discus Egg Care

LORENZO
11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I Have Heard You Must Cover Three Sides Of A Breeding Discus Tank With One Solid Colour To Prevent Babies From Following Other Objects...instead Of The Parents. I Was Reading Around Last Night And Found This. Also Should One Parent Be Removed Two Weeks Later Not Two Of Them From The Baby Tank? That Sounded Strange To Me. I Thought You Had To Remove Two Of Them Because The Babies Would Feed Off Their Skin. And What Is This About A Formalin Wash On The Parent Discus Before Putting Them In Breeding Tank? Never Heard Of That. What About Filtration From An Xp4 Filter Is That Too Much For A Discus Tank. What About A Baby Tank? Setting Up The 75 Breeding Tank Soon. Must Do It The Right Way. Any Help Would Well Help. So Do I Feed The Babies 10 Days After They Hatch? Now If I Remove The Parents And Put Them In The Breeding Tank Out Of Their Usual Habitat Can They Then Be Sooo Nervous They Would Not Breed? One Site Was Saying You Had To Do All These Water Changes..i Do Not And Have Never Changed 50 % Of The Water Weekly. Please Advice From A Discus Breeder Would Help Before I Get The Set Up Wrong