PDA

View Full Version : maturing angels

LORENZO
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Any idea why a maturing angel that is like 4 yrs old in a tank would suddenly get aggressive with his angel tankmates? Why is it these angels reach a certain size and fight it out. I have 6 did have 7 now one big male wants to fight with the zebra angels. Just interesing i have always found you end up giving away an angel after it has been years in a set up. They fight more than discus if not grouped up well. AFter four or five years they can't hack each other anymore.

DrNic
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
How big is the tank?

As angels get older they can get aggressive, especially if they are attempting to mate. With that many angels in one tank I'm guessing that they might be attempting to mate, increasing the overall stress levels in the tank.

Northernguy
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
They are cichlids and do get aggresive!
It sounds like you will be needing another larger tank before long!

LORENZO
11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
How big is the tank?

As angels get older they can get aggressive, especially if they are attempting to mate. With that many angels in one tank I'm guessing that they might be attempting to mate, increasing the overall stress levels in the tank.
so disappointing though because i have had many batches of angel eggs and well the plecos eat them up. These angels have been sooo beautiful together and now well i don't want to have to get rid of some. But that male or maybe it is a female but i am thinking female is just getting sooo big. Thicker you know. I have always had them last about 5 years and then i have to break them up. so so much for a 125 gallon angel tank. i love angels as much as discus and well i should have left that brute in with the discus. He won't behave now that he is bigger. what other community fish is as fine as one big angel?????? What do you put in a 125 otherwise??? The blue gouramis are good but well i have two of them in there.

LORENZO
11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
They are cichlids and do get aggresive!
It sounds like you will be needing another larger tank before long!
hahah maybe with a 240 i could keep 12 angels.

Northernguy
11-26-2008, 12:09 AM
What about twin 125s with an angle iron stand and have them over under.
Then you get the best for all your fish.