PDA

View Full Version : About the photo gallery

William
01-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that you can now post videos as well as pictures in the picture gallery.

Max video size is set to 16mb for now. If you have a movie that is larger than that let me know and I'll increase the limit.

Hoping to see some videos in their soon.

I also want to make everybody awar that you can assign your picture to more than one category. So for example if you post a picture of a cichlid aquarium you can post your picture in the aquarium and than set cichlids as a secondary category. This way browsers will see the pic in both categories even though you only uploaded it once. A picture can belong to max 4 categories. You get the choice to add extra info on the picture info screen.

blue fin
01-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks....we'll see about the video, I'll be attempting to fill the site with pics. Have had some difficulty loading more than one.

jeffs99dime
01-21-2007, 11:41 PM
sounds very good!

Incredulous_Ed
01-22-2007, 08:54 PM
thanks william!

Lady Hobbs
01-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I also noticed yesterday you download a bunch of pictures all at once. You upload on the first page then on the second page assign all the pictures to the catagory/catagories you want the picture to go to and give the picture a name if you want.

If you want albums, you should create albums first before entering your pictures so they are included in the catagories you select.

Works like it does here, really. Download all your shots and then when you hit submit, all your pictures are posted.

Site also will accept URL's but the only problem with URL's is when you move them around in your site or delete them, you will end up with black picture slots in the album once you break the link.

I have not found a way to delete a picture yet without deleting the whole album you've created. Possibly I'm missing that feature.