PDA

View Full Version : Hi, everyone!!!!!!!!! I'm new here. Need some help.

barinkot
11-25-2008, 04:47 AM
I wanna make 55g for Tanganyika cichlid tank. Any advice?? Nothing big, maybe lelupu..julies ..
How many and any suggestions about tankmates??.
Also reserve 125g for frontosas ..How many...Tank still vacant..any tamkmates or it must be only frontosa?? I really want colony and possibly try to breed them in a future
Sincerely, Konstantin

angelcakes
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
hello and welcome:19:
do your posts seperately such as introduce yourself in that section and then redo this thread in the same section you will get alot more replys and help:19:

Northernguy
11-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the fabulous AC!
I look forward to seeing your tanks once you get things going.
Have you any tanks running now?
Make sure you read up on cycling first!

sanddigger
12-06-2008, 03:45 AM
:19: Welcome to the Greatest forum above water.

It's great starting this hobby and so exciting, with so many questions, types of fish, etc. You know what type of tank you want and fish. Way to go!!! If you go to the Lake Tang forum you will get all the answers you need.

It's great to have you aboard!!!

sanddigger
12-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Ooops sorry, I thougt I read this under "Welcome". MY BAD.
125g could hold four Fronts? Remember Fronts are deep water fish, the deeper the tank the better. You have to beware of "float".

Your 55g can handle afew smaller species of Lake Tang. I personally like calvus.

Daffodil pulchers are beautiful.(I have bred them, still have the youngsters, now adults) But you should remember getting anything in the "brichardi family" (lelupu is in this family)should be a species only tank. Once they breed, they are FAMILY and will kill anything to protect their young. The young will protect the young. They like privacy, caves.

Julies like shells. Most Tangs like small areas for breeding.

I also would suggest some petricolas. They are my favorite and in all my tanks) Four at least, they love groups.

Lady Hobbs
12-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi there. Welcome Aboard.

Save yourself a ton of work and you and your fish stress by doing the fishless cycling for starters.

Brichardi, Duboisi, Frontosa, Leleupi, Marleri are all Tanganyika cichlid so might or might not want to be fish you check into. As in any cichlid, some just won't get along no matter what we do. Check the growth of each species before buying them.

Crispy
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree with sanddigger about the calvus. Beautiful fish, but they take a long time to grow. They're very peaceful and I would definitely recommend them.

The Wedge
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Julidochromis Ornatus are psycho...and very fun to watch IMO. Only keep one male Calvus...I have two and the other stays hidden. I got bored with shell dwellers or I would recommend them Just MO.

You might consider keeping a colony of T. Duboisi or T. Moorii in the 125...instead of a couple Fronts...Fronts get huge and Duboisi and Moorii are awesome fish...Fronts are great too. Just really want to keep Duboisi or Moorii myself...no room though

Jellygirl
02-18-2009, 11:26 PM
welcome to the forum

Jellygirl