PDA

View Full Version : Possbile Angel Tank, Just Maybe

JimTheBetta
11-23-2008, 02:32 AM
My sister has been the one mainly financing all of our fish purchases, and she has really started to like cichlids like me, her personal favorite being Angels. Were thinking about our next tank being a 37g angel tank (petsmart has a 37g bowfront kit on sale for $125). Its just a maybe at this point, she wants to see what all we could have with them, and she has to think about it. While she thinks, i figured it prudent to go ahead and ask yall what yall thought about tankmates :D

I know she wants to get either marbled, or black angels. I was thinking 2 would be fine in the 37g tank. I was thinking about khuli loaches, as i really like them and shes fine with them too. I like corys, just not enough to keep them in the 2 different tanks, 1 tank with corys is fine (stocking our 20g long with corys).

And again, thanks alot :D These forums have been the best thing for me and my fish ive found so far :D

smaug
11-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Angels are wonderful fish to keep but a pain in the butt at the same time.I would recomend a bigger tank then a 37 gal to keep a pair of angels to maturity,especially if you would like to keep any other fish with them.A tall 45 gal would be a better choice as it gives angels the deeper tank they need to maintain luxurious finnage.There are many tank mates that can be kept with them and khulis would work fine as angels pay very little attention to bottom dwellers.Many medium size tetras as well as hatchetfish are compatible as well.Mostly any other non aggresive fish will work but stay away from most other cichlids unless they are the calmer dwarf variety.

Northernguy
11-23-2008, 02:50 AM
:19: Great suggestions smaug!
I was thinking just that as I read his post than I saw yours! lol:c3:

JimTheBetta
11-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Angels are wonderful fish to keep but a pain in the butt at the same time.I would recomend a bigger tank then a 37 gal to keep a pair of angels to maturity,especially if you would like to keep any other fish with them.A tall 45 gal would be a better choice as it gives angels the deeper tank they need to maintain luxurious finnage.There are many tank mates that can be kept with them and khulis would work fine as angels pay very little attention to bottom dwellers.Many medium size tetras as well as hatchetfish are compatible as well.Mostly any other non aggresive fish will work but stay away from most other cichlids unless they are the calmer dwarf variety.

Hmm well i was thinking of heading to that new lfs and seeing what kind of deal they would give me on a 55g show tank. I would rather buy each part myself then have a kit like that, and if they can give me a good deal on that we might go with that then.

I was thinking 1 marbled angel, 1 black angel, 2 or 3 khuli loaches, and maybe some GBR's as well. Would that be fine for 55g?

and oh yea, i got MTS bad ;) I haven't even stocked the 20g, and im already looking forward to nexts years 90-150g purchase xD

smaug
11-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Hmm well i was thinking of heading to that new lfs and seeing what kind of deal they would give me on a 55g show tank. I would rather buy each part myself then have a kit like that, and if they can give me a good deal on that we might go with that then.

I was thinking 1 marbled angel, 1 black angel, 2 or 3 khuli loaches, and maybe some GBR's as well. Would that be fine for 55g?

and oh yea, i got MTS bad ;) I haven't even stocked the 20g, and im already looking forward to nexts years 90-150g purchase xD
that sounds very nice.A 55 is always a good size to go with.I have a 58 oceanic tall tank,36"by22" deep by 20 depth. [rough measure].I only have 1 full grown angel at the moment,he has enough attitude to not need more.

Eileen
11-23-2008, 04:29 AM
I bought my 55 gal. glass tank at Walmart for $124. It had everything with the tank, bio filter, heater, hood, lights, even fish food, and water conditioner. I never opened the filter that it came with so that I could buy a bigger one for a 75 gal. tank for better filtering. I bought it awhile back. I went to Walmart and the price is $164 now i think. You should try looking on Craigslist in your area. Under pets type in Fish and in the general section also. I have come across some nice larger tanks 55 gal with everything including stand for $100 or less sometimes. I sold the unopened filter on craigslist for $25. It was ok for that tank but I wanted a bigger one.

JimTheBetta
11-23-2008, 04:50 AM
I bought my 55 gal. glass tank at Walmart for $124. It had everything with the tank, bio filter, heater, hood, lights, even fish food, and water conditioner. I never opened the filter that it came with so that I could buy a bigger one for a 75 gal. tank for better filtering. I bought it awhile back. I went to Walmart and the price is $164 now i think. You should try looking on Craigslist in your area. Under pets type in Fish and in the general section also. I have come across some nice larger tanks 55 gal with everything including stand for $100 or less sometimes. I sold the unopened filter on craigslist for $25. It was ok for that tank but I wanted a bigger one.

Yea i looked on craigslist and in my area there were no good deals really. I will look again when it comes time to buy it, as well as walmart, but im thinking this lfs might be able to give me a damn good deal on it, and i would be picking out what all comes with it, so no need to buy a separate filter, but well see :D

mac
11-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi,
I bought a 50 gallon tank, 36 inches x 18 inches x 18 inches for $180.00.
But mind you the tank was just a glass tank nothing else.
I had the tank stand made up. So the total cast came to $2000.00+ everything else. But you don't need to spend as much as I did. You can easily find tanks that are 50 gallons cheap, Just a matter of looking around.

But I would try and get the larger tank for the angle if you can.

mac