PDA

View Full Version : A True Red Melon??????

LORENZO
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW A TRUE RED MELON... JUST HOW RED...OR ARE WE TALKING REDDISH ORANGE WITH LOTS OF YELLOW? I HAVE ONE WITH A YELLOW FACE DARK BLACK TAIL AND WELL ONE STUNNING FISH. NOT VERY DARK RED THOUGH. ORANGE RED! DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE.HOW BIG CAN THEY GET GIVEN ALOT OF ROOM???? IN AN AQUARIUM NOT OVER STOCKED?:hmm3grin2orange:

Fishalicious
11-22-2008, 11:34 PM
There are so many color variations in the Red Melon...I have seen them peachy yellow to orange to full out bright red (usually names super red melon then) some with yellow faces some with pink faces...

LORENZO
11-22-2008, 11:49 PM
[/COLOR] Thanks for the reply. I have another question... would babies mixed with a turquoise and red melon be a good idea? I have a blue diamond that is not a pale blue. Now she is a very healthy happy disucs but i just wonder why she is not a light blue.. Is this normal? She is about a year old now.

Lady Hobbs
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Those that are the pure strains would bring you more money.

Are you giving your fish color enhanced food and meats? That will help color them up, too, if the are they type of discus that shows great color.

Northernguy
11-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Can you post a pic of the fish you are talking about?
Discus are such wonderful fish!

LORENZO
11-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Can you post a pic of the fish you are talking about?
Discus are such wonderful fish!
[COLOR="Blue"]:8: I have posted my disucs pics in member gallery so you can take a look.]

Lady Hobbs
11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I checked your photos and your discus are beautiful and colored up just great.

http://www.rockymountaindiscus.com/

Pics of the red melon are here and look exactly like yours.

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh Lady HObbs I have seen the red melon now pairing up with a turquoise in the tank. So i might end up with two pairs. You could just keep adding tanks. The red melon is better looking now. I have to get some recent pis of her. WEll i think it might be a him. Off the topic do you think discus fry need a submersible heater as well as say a heater in the corner . I though i might put two heaters in just in case so that the temp. at the bottom stays stable. STealth by marineland I am hearing on the forum is a good one.

Northernguy
11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Those fish look amazing! You should post a full tank shot!

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 07:48 PM
:goldfish: :goldfish: : ohhh you finally saw the discus. I was into the fish guy today and my tank will be here by wed. so all i have to do for baby tank is take water out of big tanks . The xp 3 with a spray bar will be okay for baby tank. now to get the gravel or sand cleaned for the tank. Discus babies soon I hope. HOw are your fishies?

Lady Hobbs
11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh Lady HObbs I have seen the red melon now pairing up with a turquoise in the tank. So i might end up with two pairs. You could just keep adding tanks. The red melon is better looking now. I have to get some recent pis of her. WEll i think it might be a him. Off the topic do you think discus fry need a submersible heater as well as say a heater in the corner . I though i might put two heaters in just in case so that the temp. at the bottom stays stable. STealth by marineland I am hearing on the forum is a good one.

That is a good heater. Some people use two heaters and it's probably a good idea. I think you will be buying lots of heaters! LOL

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
That is a good heater. Some people use two heaters and it's probably a good idea. I think you will be buying lots of heaters! LOL[COLOR="Green"]:8: :8: [/COLOR helo good to see you are around Lady HObbs. Researching fry foods now. Spectrum might be the way to go. I will try and get a full shot pic of tank but i broke the tripod. Do you know of anyone on the forum with a baby dacshund? I saw one I think in the gallery. OH is the marineland visi-therm as good as a stealth? OH one more thing have you ever used Tetra sinking crisps? Colour bits I think they are called? I am going to get a big tub of them. The discus say hello.