PDA

View Full Version : Procambarus Marmorkrebs

KingFisher
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Recently I've been seeing ads for Procambarus Marmorkrebs , or Marbled Crayfish for sale. Supposedly they are able to reproduce parthogenically, and eat snails. I was wondering if anyone has kept these crays and could tell me about their experience with them.

Lady Hobbs
11-21-2008, 03:13 PM
http://myworld.ebay.com/planted_aquariums_central/

The seller on Ebay, above link, has some Procambarus Clarkii that are gorgeous. She has tons of shrimp of all kinds and plants, as well. Not what you were asking about but thought you may want to take a peek.

nanaglen2001
11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
The "Marmokrebs" (interesting a german word), is just a pest. It kills plants, makes every tank look like after a fat car bombing and is only good as fresh food for big fish.

KingFisher
11-21-2008, 11:58 PM
The "Marmokrebs" (interesting a german word), is just a pest. It kills plants, makes every tank look like after a fat car bombing and is only good as fresh food for big fish.
Hi nanaglen, I'm glad to see you are still around. Thanks for the info, I thought they sounded too good to be true.

Lady Hobbs
11-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Hey Andrea.........Missed you around here. Good information, too, not that I want one of these things at $30 each!!!!!!