PDA

View Full Version : She made a funny!!!!

JayB1127
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
So I went pet store hopping today, to seewhat the local area had as I slowy stock my tank......I go to a store i had never been to before and I got talking to the lady that owned it, it was a lil ma and pa store. So we talked for a lil bit, he was really trying to sell me some Yellow labs, but I brought up the topic of loaches and how I wanted a clown loach but the size they would get would outgrow my aquarium....I swear to go this is what she said...."Clown fish actually dont get more than 2 to 3" (inches) but are poisoness and if kept in groups of 4 or more will hunt down much larger fish and kill them, much like lions......and clowns" then a high pitched laugh.....I walked out, lol, laugh is on you old lady......but I went to another store and Found 2 Golden Dojo loaches, I had to get them!!!! This leads to my question

Dojos are very rare around, I was VERY lucky to find the 2 that I did.....I know they like to be in groups of 6 or more, but if I got other loaches, would they get along, and if so....what do you recomend?

Jay B

teach
11-20-2008, 11:14 PM
The things people will come up with lol. As for your question I would think so as long as the other loachs were close to the same size and color but im truthfully not for sure.

Northernguy
11-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Did you ask him if he could order some for you.
Start calling other stores,you may get lucky.Watch out for the ones that breathe fire!:19:

JayB1127
11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
We only have a couple stores, the MA and Ma I meantioned and she only has mabey 8-10 tanks then Petsmart and petland....they only carry Tetras and Goldfish in the hundreds, with the occasional rarity of some loaches and occasionally Cichlids, but the aquariums they have are very clean, no dead fish, and other than major overstocking the fish appear happy, but neither will not order fish for me, they say they can only get what corporate sends them. Then there is one more ma and pa shop, I flirt with the girl that works there a little every time, and she helps me out alot, everything she has told me has been true. And says she would order me anything I wanted but the more of an oddity the longer itll take to get. She have mabey 75-100 aquariums, none of which are overstocked in my opinion, and she get amazingly beautiful fish, and different fish but she cant get alot at a time. This is where I picked up my Dojos....(They love the new tank, even though they had me worried for the first couple hours) She only got 2 in though and I bought both, she has some Zebras loaches and some yoyo loaches, and I thought about getting 2 or 3 of each of those if they will all get along and keep each other company.

Watch out for the ones that breathe fire!:19:

I hear ya there bro.....they can be killers!!!

Jay B

Sorry for the long messages, I just get excited about fish and end of typing alot, lol

JimTheBetta
11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Am i the only one that thinks because she brought up lions that she might have been talking about the saltwater clownfish? Granted ive never heard of clownfish being poisinous or attacking larger fish. So yea xD

Nobodynotime
11-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Then there is one more ma and pa shop, I flirt with the girl that works there a little every time, and she helps me out alot, everything she has told me has been true.

I'm sorry. I just thought of the scenes from Deuce Bigalow when he's at the fish store. I need the snails from the cold tank! Haha sorry I'm not trying to be mean thats just classic stuff!

JayB1127
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry. I just thought of the scenes from Deuce Bigalow when he's at the fish store. I need the snails from the cold tank! Haha sorry I'm not trying to be mean thats just classic stuff!

Dang....wow, never thought anyone would have found out.....O.o lol

Jay B

Nobodynotime
11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Haha at least you know she has the same interests!

angelcakes
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
So I went pet store hopping today, to seewhat the local area had as I slowy stock my tank......I go to a store i had never been to before and I got talking to the lady that owned it, it was a lil ma and pa store. So we talked for a lil bit, he was really trying to sell me some Yellow labs, but I brought up the topic of loaches and how I wanted a clown loach but the size they would get would outgrow my aquarium....I swear to go this is what she said...."Clown fish actually dont get more than 2 to 3" (inches) but are poisoness and if kept in groups of 4 or more will hunt down much larger fish and kill them, much like lions......and clowns" then a high pitched laugh.....I walked out, lol, laugh is on you old lady......but I went to another store and Found 2 Golden Dojo loaches, I had to get them!!!! This leads to my question

Dojos are very rare around, I was VERY lucky to find the 2 that I did.....I know they like to be in groups of 6 or more, but if I got other loaches, would they get along, and if so....what do you recomend?

Jay B
the answer to your question is most loaches do get on in the same tank but they may not hang about with the other loaches

JayB1127
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
So I am in love with loaches, but cannot get more Dojos, can anyone recommend some buddys to keep these guys happy?

UPDATE: I love these guys so much, they match MY personality so much , darting around and playing all the time, then the two of them passing out on top of each other....They are so lazy, but when they play, dang....lol...A Large joy to the aquarium!!!!

Jay B

AABatteries
11-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I had a dojo, and I found out that they're cold water fish. That's not why he died though. He got some kind of disease or something.