PDA

View Full Version : 300G stocking

fraggle
11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Well I'm finally getting a bigger tank, (for Christmas, since it was hubby that bought me nearly all my fish for last Christmas he's going to fix it this Christmas with a bigger tank! LOL) I'm going to move my Oscar, Gibby and Tandanus to it.

I'll move the 2 Balas into it too, will it be big enough to get a few more balas, since I know (now!) that they are schooling fish?

Was also thinking about moving the 2 Dollars into it too, and getting a few more of them since I know they like to school as well.

What about the 2 Clown Loaches (they are hardly big enough yet, Okka would eat them) could I school those as well?

Thanks for you help!

AABatteries
11-20-2008, 10:47 PM
All sounds good, but the oscar might bother the dollars, but if they're already tank mates and do fine they'll be okay. I'd get 3-6 more balas and 3-6 more clowns. And same for the dollars. And what do you plan on using for the filtration?

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2008, 10:58 PM
What size tank are you moving your Oscar out of? That might be large enough for the silver dollars and the loaches? Like you said, a few more of each.

NickFish
11-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd get 3-6 more balas and 3-6 more clowns. And same for the dollars.

That's WAY overstocked.

300g is huge but 8 balas alone a huge bioload.

I would only get one or two more balas, and a couple more of the others. A fish would much rather have a slightly small school than be super overstocked.

Northernguy
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Silver dollars do great with oscars.If you get too many more fish you will be overstocked as all these fish are heavy *hitters.
That does sound wonderful having a tank that size.

Sharon
11-21-2008, 12:09 AM
You must have been a really good girl...wish my husband would consider surprising me with that size tank...Have fun!!!:19:

fraggle
11-21-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm moving the Oscar out of a 55.

Thought the Dollars would appreciate the extra room in the 300. Although they are a pair that I have at the moment, I could put them in the 55 on their own and see if I can get babies!:19:

I don't think I would have got 6 more Balas, LOL, although if I get ANOTHER 300, I could do just a school of 8 or so Balas maybe, LOL, don't think that'll happen for a while, but hubby has said I can have as many tanks as I want as long as we've got room to put them! (room to put them is debatable though, I can see about another 10 spots in the house at the moment that I could put another couple of 55's, a spot for a couple of

Maybe by the time the loaches get too big I'll have another tank to move them too

Northernguy
11-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Its always nice to have room for more fish!
Does the Oscar have a bad disposition?
How big is he and how big are the balas?

fraggle
11-22-2008, 10:46 AM
He doesn't seem to have a bad disposition, he gets along fine with the Tandanus and the Gibby who are in the 55G with him, and the dollars were in there with him before I moved them to the community tank, and he got along with them fine too, it's just his reflection that he attacks, LOL

Oscar is about 10-11 inches I suppose, and the Balas are about 7 inches and 4.5 inches, the dollars are about 6 inches too, one Clown loach is about 5 inches and the other one is about 3 inches. The tandanus is about 8 inches and so is the gibby (can see why I need the bigger tank!!!!!!)