PDA

View Full Version : fungus

Wallyfish
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
My betta has fungus :-( Hes so miserable that he isn't eating. He just lays on the bottom of my tank or on one of my fake plants. Its so depressing. I added Pimafix to my tank. Will he make it?

blue fin
01-20-2007, 10:28 PM
My betta has fungus :-( Hes so miserable that he isn't eating. He just lays on the bottom of my tank or on one of my fake plants. Its so depressing. I added Pimafix to my tank. Will he make it?

How long has he had it? I had one that had a mouth fungus, he wouldn't eat for 3 weeks and he finally succumb due to lack of food even though the fungus was getting much better. be persistent and hope for the best.

Wallyfish
01-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I think he might have had it for a while but I wasn't certain because I've never encountered it before. He would twitch around in the tank but I couldn't see any visual signs on his body. I thought it might have been from ammonia in my tank so I did a water change. Then all of a sudden BAM, white fuzzy stuff all over the place. Hes still on the bottom of the tank. The only thing I can tell that he is alive is his gills are moving. I think he might have had fungus when I bought him two weeks ago and it got progressively worse. I really don't know how to look for these things until its too late it seems.

blue fin
01-21-2007, 01:11 AM
The best thing you can do is quarantine any fish you purchase for a month. A fungus can be caused by a bacterial sickness also, if you want to keep the fish, treat immediately, if you aren't attached I would consider taking the fish back to the LFS and getting your money back.. Just my opinion.

Wallyfish
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
He did not last the night. I'm sad :-(

Abbeys_Mom
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry for you loss :(

Severus
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your fish. Try and return him.

blue fin
01-23-2007, 02:34 AM
He did not last the night. I'm sad :-(

Sorry... I lost one of my favorite fish last week to fungus, his mate went soon after... but not from fungus, she became a midnight snack...didn't find much of her.. to console myself I went out and bought some gouramis this weekend...

Drumachine09
01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
The best way to console yourself is to buy a new fish!

jeffs99dime
01-23-2007, 03:25 AM
The best way to console yourself is to buy a new fish!

works for me too! lol
or some aquarium-related gadget.lol

Wallyfish
01-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Walmart gets thier infamous bettas in tomorrow. Maybe I will rescue one...