PDA

View Full Version : Frogbit's a darned mess

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I like this plant and have it in my 20 gallon neon tank but gez ol petes, it's all over the place, mixed in with my java, stuck to the filter strainer, etc.

I'm thinking I should have a different filter so it isn't all stirred up all the time......maybe a sponge filter or at least a smaller filter? I mean, I have a Penquin 350 on that tank so the frogbit is all over the place. :c3:

OK......gonna make the change right now. Just talked myself into it.
:c3:

I removed the platies from that tank today and notice now the neons are swimming all over in the tank instead of stuck to the bottom. They are happier alone.

Wild Turkey
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds like you got it taken care of via some hobbs on hobbs communication:laugh1blue:

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Ya think I could have figured that one out prior to me posting since I answered my own question!

LORENZO
12-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Can you trim back the old frogbite or just remove the old and let the new ones grow in? How invasive is this frogbite? I have a problem now with duckweed. My only hope with that then is to just keep taking it out bit by bit. It must have found its way into my tank with other plants I bought. oh invasive.The frogbite how long does it stay healthy while floating on top?

gm72
12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Month old thread.

Lorenzo, take note of the date in the upper left-hand corner. It isn't wrong to post in old threads but at times there isn't really a point if the issue that was being discussed is long over.

Just a tip. :ssmile: