PDA

View Full Version : pics of new retro tank LOL

lovleeko
11-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Thought I would share the pics of my newly decorated tank. I know some wont like it. I always wanted a really colorful retro looking tank. So I re decorated one of mine. I could use some more gravel and it is a work in progress. I'm still stocking. I'll post more when I get it done all the way.
I need some more big plants too. There not great pics either. Sorry.

Pics of some cardinals in there wondering away from the school. Again not great pics.
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/fishtank010.jpg

The ever too fast bleeding hearts going too fast to get a good pic of.http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/fishtank012.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/fishtank006.jpg

My attempt at capturing a pic of one of my corys. Their so cute!
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/fishtank014.jpg

Wild Turkey
11-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Whoa cant stare at that too long i'll get a headache lol
Unique looking tank:19: , your corys are gonna need smoother substrate though.

lovleeko
11-20-2008, 06:48 AM
It's temporary until I get them another salt free home. I use salt in all my tanks but this one so they are having to deal for a while. It is the rocks or salt. I opted for the rocks.

Whoa cant stare at that too long i'll get a headache lol
Unique looking tank:19: , your corys are gonna need smoother substrate though.

lovleeko
11-20-2008, 06:49 AM
LOL. Oh yeah, that's why I said some wont like it. I know a lot of people only like natural looks.

Sharon
11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Actually, it has a very unique look:19: ...Your fish tank is a personal thing, and should please YOU and of course the fish! I doubt the fish care about the colours! I'd love to see full tank pics when its finished...

teach
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I like it. Its fun and has a different spin.

Brookfish
11-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Now theres a different tank setup, bright, colourful,
and eye catching, kids would love it, nice job!

Wild Turkey
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
LOL. Oh yeah, that's why I said some wont like it. I know a lot of people only like natural looks.

Actually, i dont think its bad at all, honestly i only think tanks look bad when they end up with that kinda stuff and its not on purpose lol

Alot of people have actually done "clown puke" tanks, they are pretty unique looking for sure.

Yea sorry i forgot about ur tank situation, i cant keep the avvys and names straight haha

Poofaye C.
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Retro??? I was looking for the peace sign on the back wall. That would be cool! Far out tank tho. Keep it groovy!!

angelcakes
11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Retro??? I was looking for the peace sign on the back wall. That would be cool! Far out tank tho. Keep it groovy!!
:laugh1blue:

i especially like the jar decor effect:19:

cer
11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
That Is So Retro

lovleeko
11-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks so much guys for the compliments. I was really expecting more along the lines of... "what were you thinking?!" I'm glad some like it too. I didn't even think about kids loving it. Probably so. My son is six so you would think it would have gotten a reaction out of him but it is just another of moms fish tanks to him. LOL. My daughter who is one is fascinated by all the tanks I have. I'll be sure to post full pics when I get it done. My biggest thing is more gravel. I spend to much money!

I told my friend that we would have to start aquaria holics anonymous and get a chip for going so many days without buying something for our tanks.

Kathyd
11-21-2008, 03:03 AM
That tank is very sweet. I can't wait to see finished pics!

cer
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
love the tetras

lovleeko
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately I might have to get rid of the bleeding hearts. They dont seem to like anything with nice finnage. They leave tetras be and hunt everything else down. I dont really have a tank without someone with nice finnage, so this is a problem.

Thanks for the compliment!!

I am guessing the colorful thing will get toned down a bit since I'm about to switch to sand. Not sure how retro it will look then. LOL