PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Tanks ?

Northernguy
11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I am going to set up a shrimp tank soon.There a lot of members that have them.Can some of you please post some pics of their tanks here.
I would like my wife to see a few before I go for it!
Thanks in advance.

mrs fishpatrick
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I would be interested in that too, I have a tank cycled and ready, just no shrimps in there yet

Sounguru
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Crappy pic but here ya go...

http://www.stopactionphoto.net/images/mature%20tank%20pics2.jpg

mrs fishpatrick
11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't think you are able to produce a crappy pic IMO:19:

Sounguru
11-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh no believe me that is a crappy pic....http://www.stopactionphoto.net/images/01AD96~18989.GIF

mrs fishpatrick
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
you should see the pics I produce:laugh1blue:

Algenco
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Pics of my shrimp tank wouldn't show much except java moss, lots and lots of moss!!

Moss increases the survival rates of babies and molting adults

Northernguy
11-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Pics of my shrimp tank wouldn't show much except java moss, lots and lots of moss!!

Moss increases the survival rates of babies and molting adults

Do you have any fish in there or are the shrimp eating one another?

Crappy picture OK! If only mine would come out that crappy!
Thats a nice tank Sounguru Sir!
It must be the assassin tank the way the trumpets are climbing the walls.
What kind of shrimp are in there?

Algenco
11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
no fish, the other shrimp will attack and eat one that has just molted

smaug
11-20-2008, 12:06 AM
My wife has a very nice planted 3 gal nano with ghostys in it,cherrys would work as well.

Northernguy
11-20-2008, 12:24 AM
My wife has a very nice planted 3 gal nano with ghostys in it,cherrys would work as well.

Thats what I am trying to find up here.My lfs is going to try and order some for me.She says they are hard to get,mostly due to the cold weather.

smaug
11-20-2008, 12:27 AM
ghosts or cherrys?

Sounguru
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Do you have any fish in there or are the shrimp eating one another?

Crappy picture OK! If only mine would come out that crappy!
Thats a nice tank Sounguru Sir!
It must be the assassin tank the way the trumpets are climbing the walls.
What kind of shrimp are in there?

Cherry Shrimp and yes it is also the assassin tank.

korith
11-20-2008, 05:13 AM
Cherry Shrimp and yes it is also the assassin tank.

Seen any assassins pull down any of the shrimp yet? Read a post on another forum, about someone witnessing it. Was kind of surprised as the shrimp usually can jump out of the way of things fairly quick.

Sounguru
11-20-2008, 06:02 AM
No and if you read the entire post over on the Planted Tank about this same subject you will find that a lot of us question the incident. 3 of us have run experiments to try and get an assassin to hunt a shrimp and it has not happened. All post I have read no one has seen the actual capture so the belief is that it was a dying, wounded, or dead shrimp by the time the assassin got to it.

We have this one chalked up under urban myth right now until there is a confirmed documented case by someone who observes the entire capture and kill that know what they are looking for.

Gemini
11-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Here you go northernguy. My tank is pretty boring - but I have a nice little coconut cave covered with moss that will go in there soon. The plan is to make it look like a beach scene...

Wild Turkey
11-20-2008, 06:39 AM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa132/Turkey151/Fish/DSCF0795.jpg old shrimp tank, probably about a hundred in there at that time but like Al said you can usually only see the moss, so i broke out the magnifying glass on a few braver ones that were checking me out.

Love auto re-size

korith
11-20-2008, 08:38 AM
No and if you read the entire post over on the Planted Tank about this same subject you will find that a lot of us question the incident. 3 of us have run experiments to try and get an assassin to hunt a shrimp and it has not happened. All post I have read no one has seen the actual capture so the belief is that it was a dying, wounded, or dead shrimp by the time the assassin got to it.

We have this one chalked up under urban myth right now until there is a confirmed documented case by someone who observes the entire capture and kill that know what they are looking for.

Ahh didn't know that, I may not have followed the thread through all the way. Makes sense what you say on the dying/dead shrimp. I couldn't figure out how a snail would catch a shrimp.

terrapin24h
11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
NG, you've seen mine too in my tank pics thread. accept i don't have any shrimp in it, yet :)

--chris

Northernguy
12-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks all! I like them all!
I am going to go with cherry shrimp.I think The lfs can get some for me.
I'll post it when its done!