PDA

View Full Version : help my gourami is not very well

teddy71981
01-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi i have a Blue gourami which we have had for about 8 months he is a tank with two neons (for some reason all the others died months ago) 2 bottom feeders (1 small catfish and one small that i dont know what is exactly) and my gourami in a 3 ft heated tank the temp is at 26/27 degrees centigrade they have 6 hours of light a day and are fed every 2-3 days.

The gourami has started changing colour over the last 3 days and today i noticed that his tail end to the middle of his stomace is a very dark blue black colour. He swims up to the surface for food and then goes back to the bottom.

Please can you tell me what may be wrong and wether i need to sacrifice him to save the others. (I really rather wouldnt)

i hope someone can help

Emma

William
01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi
How often do you change water? what is the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels in your aquarium.

From what you write in this post their is no need to sacrifice him. I would however suggest changing about 30% asap and than another 30% again the day after the firsta water change.

DemonShark
04-06-2006, 09:06 PM
I too think it has do do with the water and your gourmi is trying to adjust to this hard or very soft water.