PDA

View Full Version : feeding my clownknife

boston
01-20-2007, 02:48 AM
i have a 6 in clown knife and i feed him small goldfish how often should i feed him, one goldfish every otherday or every day? any info helpful.

cocoa_pleco
01-23-2007, 05:35 AM
I had one, and I would usually go every other day 2 keep him interested.:4: :1:

boston
01-27-2007, 10:02 PM
he is eating great and he came out and i counted his spots he has 10 on one side and 12 on the other all are very round and very black.

cocoa_pleco
01-27-2007, 10:08 PM
sounds like hes happy

Sin
01-28-2007, 03:00 AM
steer away from feeding live foods...there is no point in it at all really.....how do you steer him away from live foods>? put the clown knife in a tank with other fish his size and they will teach him to eat at feeding times...as he watches the other fish feed.. he will get it too...fish learn from watching others....youd hate to one day feed him live foods and feed him a sick goldfish full of parasites...that wouldnt be fun right?

cocoa_pleco
01-28-2007, 03:26 AM
i did that with my black ghost knife. I recommend not using live food unless you breed the goldfish yourself

Sin
01-28-2007, 03:51 AM
anytime you feed live foods you run the risk. . .most goldfishes also harbor many parasites inside them...and not show it...but i guess its just me...i wouldnt feed live foods. . good luck with the fishes

boston
01-28-2007, 04:07 AM
im curently feeding him live food just to reduce the stress levels of being new and because im trying to find something other than flake food.cause he will not eat that im sure.any suggestionsim going to petco and petsmart tommarow to get plants since they are across the street from each other.

Sin
01-28-2007, 04:20 AM
you may try offering them pellets , or krill or silversides...the best way would be for other fish to be fed around them and they would pickup in no time....if not then just feed them the listed items and if they dont eat remove the foods and try again next feeding time...hopefully they eat the foods soon

Sin
01-28-2007, 04:30 AM
also i might add anytime a fish is stressed out his ability to fight off sickness is lessened...give the fish some time to adjust , about two weeks , he should be fine...clown knifes are great fishes , one of my friends has a bunch of them and once they are trained to eat and are eating good he will give me a few , the thing is if you get a bunch of them now at feeding time they compete for food..thus in return they learn to eat what ever you put down for them....now you have a selection of them in your tank , keep the ones you want...and give the rest away or sell them , they will all learn from one another and you keep the ones you want...getting them to eat proper is kinda hard but in a group setting they will get the idea

marcryan11
06-29-2007, 09:26 PM
we just do worms. We have too many smaller fish in with ours to even try letting him get the taste of live fish lol