PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Update and "Thanks you guys!"

TampaClint
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I have done considerable research at this point. I will be investing in an additional/larger tank. I will split the fish I currently have between the two. I want to keep the barbs together with at least one shark. I will probably do all the barbs and one shark in the larger tank.

I am happy to report that its been over a week and I have not lost any fish. I have been doing daily water changes and I purchased a testing kit. The ammonia is at a reasonable/safe level and the water has cleared up considerably. The cycling is in process for sure. All the fish are very small right now and dont seem stressed, however I will soon be moving some of them out and into a larger tank.

Again, thank you all for your help. I will keep posting updates.

Wild Turkey
11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track friend.
And though we appreciate the thanks because we rarely get it, we should be thanking you, not only for keeping us busy, but having the responsibility to come and ask questions in the first place.

So
NO, THANK YOU!:19:

Northernguy
11-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Good Job! :19:
Keep watching for signs of high ammonia and nitrite readings.Pink gills is one of them.

fins_n_fur
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Sounds like you are on your way! Good job!

AABatteries
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I'd move both sharks into the larger tank. And what size tank are you planning on getting?

gm72
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear things are moving forward. Makes us happy when our advice is taken and it yields good results!

TampaClint
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I would like to get a 55 gallon tank. I will move the sharks (3 red-tailed black sharks) in there and maybe add a few other fish. Any recomendations?
Thanks

Northernguy
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I would like to get a 55 gallon tank. I will move the sharks (3 red-tailed black sharks) in there and maybe add a few other fish. Any recomendations?
Thanks

Try and find a good used deal.You may find a 75 for the same price.There are a lot of good deals out there!