PDA

View Full Version : CUC good? or need more?

travie
11-18-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm still in the process of getting my CUC into my 29g tank. I have around 10 blue leg hermit crabs, 3 astrea snails, 3 nassarius snails, and 1 magarita snail. I'm wondering if I should add more of what I already have or adding something I do not have. I would like to finish stocking the CUC by this weekend. Then in a week or two from that get my first fish for the tank. Thanks for the opinions on the CUC.

travie
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Any opinions or suggestions?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd leave it at that for now. You CUC needs will change as the tank matures.

oldhead
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
CUC is best judged on what's happening in the tank. If it looks like they're not keeping up then add more members depending on the nuisance that you want to control. Other than that I've never been a believer in the member per gallon rule.

labnjab
11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I'd leave it, I have about the same CUC stocking in my 29 which is a little over 2 months old , just with different snails and a few more hermits, and they have been keeping up with the algae and other cleaning, and my be doing too god of a job, and I may even have to add some sea weed on a veggie clip because my mexican turbo is doing a number on the hair algae

travie
11-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks all. I'm leaving it be for now. I'm now starting to look for a Yellow Watchman Goby.