PDA

View Full Version : Beta Care Help

nadajdui
01-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey all. I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, but I couldn't find one for betas, and this is my first fish. I bought a book and such, but I am worried because Simon (My beta) hasn't eaten anything since yesterday, when I got him. He looks healthy enough, and his temperature is around 80 or so. He's got a little lamp to help keep him warm, as it's cool in the basemwne where he is, and the water has been treated to protect him. I fed him this morning, and he hasn't touched his food. Anything I can do?

Full3R
01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
hes most probably just settling in around his new surroundings i wouldnt worry about it to much, but i would think of a different way to kep him warm as the bright lights could be making him nervous.
a heater for his tank would be better as it doesnt give off any unessasary light.

William
01-17-2006, 05:48 AM
Full3R is most likely right if you just got the fish. Giva it a day or two to get to know his new home before you try feeding him again. If he still doesn't eat you can try giving him other food such as frozen black worms.

Keep an eye on it to make sure there are no signs of disease other than that it didn't eat this morning.