PDA

View Full Version : Cute/Funny things your Betta does

Xinck
11-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Before I got my digital thermometer for my aquarium, I had a cheap thermometer that hung over the side of the aquarium, just like the thermometer on the far right in this picture. https://www.petsolutions.com/images/100/15511201.jpg My female betta would sometimes swim up to the thermometer and just stare intently at the bottom where the mercury was for a few seconds.

Please feel free to share something cute or funny that your betta does. : )

Kathyd
11-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Mine flares at every little change in the environment for about a day. I change the thermometer, he's flaring. I remove a dying plant, flaring again. Vicious little guy; I tried some ghost shrimp with him. He had them torn apart in no time. I just love my tiny killer :41:

cocoa_pleco
11-15-2008, 02:54 AM
i havent had a betta in a year, but my old ones did plenty of weird stuff. one would jump up and lay on top of plants half in/half out of the water, and another one of mine would bury himself in the middle of my java moss clump and sleep

JimTheBetta
11-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Jim is scared to death of hands on the outside of the tank, but put your hand in the tank he attacks it and plays with ya like its no ones buisness. He also will eat food out of my hand, as long as its his pellets, doesn't do that with blood worms.

DragonGoby
11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Mine jump at the food... I tape lightly against the glass and he's comming like crazy, knowing it's food time!!!!

And when we're making the water change in his tank, he's following all the dirt and other stuff going up into the tube... it's really funny because, if I stop sucking the water, some stuff get down and he follow it at top speed!!!

I really like my little buddy!!!:41: