PDA

View Full Version : moving Betta's home

lovleeko
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Okay, I have lots of Betta's. I was recently considering switching their tanks. Like letting one live in the others tank for a while. Just to give them a new home and new things to do since they all have different things in their tank. What do you guys think? Would this be stressful or stimulating?

I hope that wasn't confusing. I do mean separately. Like you live in my home while I live in yours :) not like live together LOL

OscarFan
11-13-2008, 10:54 PM
It would be a little of both. But bettas are tough and can handle stress quite well

lovleeko
11-14-2008, 12:01 AM
So you think I should do it, or it would be better to just leave them be? I just need some opinions.

OscarFan
11-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I would leave them

Kayla-Bug
11-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I would leave them as well. It's stressful enough on fish during water changes, let alone putting them in a new invironment. Unless the fish doesn't like the tank it is in, I would leave it alone.

Gemini
11-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Maybe instead of changing their tanks you could swap the decor or something? I don't know if you have plants or castles or anything like that. But I would swap that stuff around - so they get a bit of a change without too much stress.

Mvjnz
11-14-2008, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't bother. Bettas are territorial and are happier staying in the territory they already know.

Moving stuff around could be a good idea, but I wouldn't move everything at once, maybe a plant or 2 at a time.

Northernguy
11-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Fish don't like change unless they can eat it!

Demi ^_^
11-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I agree. Your bettas would find it very stressful to be suddenly moved from their territory and home to another. Perhaps, if you would like to see new decor in ones tank, you could swap some objects about gradually (Not all at once)

But I don't think a betta would benefit much from swapping objects either. If the fish is happy with its decor, then I don't see their any need to disrupt the bettas home with new strange objects :)

Gemstone
11-14-2008, 12:59 PM
you know...from experience...if they have some plants to lay on or into which they can wiggle themselves..they are pretty much happy chappies..and a snail or so to treat with disdain is quite right with them too...my bettas would lift their leggs and pee on "their" snails..if they were able.

Northernguy
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
you know...from experience...if they have some plants to lay on or into which they can wiggle themselves..they are pretty much happy chappies..and a snail or so to treat with disdain is quite right with them too...my bettas would lift their leggs and pee on "their" snails..if they were able.
LMAO Its true!Betas are so happy to have a home of their own with room to move.They are not a fan of change and may get very stressed from you doing so.
Stress also shortens a fishes life considerably.