PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Shark not eating

Incredulous_Ed
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
About 2 weeks ago I bought a beautiful rainbow shark. He is not scared of the other fish and shows very litle aggresion. The problem is that I never see him eat. I will drop the flakes in and he will not go after them. He spends all his time grazing on the algae. Is this okay, because I'm a little worries that he is not getting enough to eat.
Oh yeah, He very brilliant coloring and doesn't have clamped fins.

Denorios
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I had a rainbow shark for awhile. Fantastic fish, but I also noticed he didn’t eat much, over time his colors faded and he didn’t seem to grow as much as he should have. Then my African Butterfly stopped eating the pellets I had been feeding him, so I switched to dried krill. Sometimes they would sink to the bottom and my shark would go crazy, he loved them. His colors got brighter, he became more active and he started grown. You might give the dried krill a try.

cocoa_pleco
01-19-2007, 01:51 AM
just feed variety, like bloodworm,flakes, krill, freeze dried plankton, and live crickets

Severus
01-19-2007, 03:51 AM
A variety will help things out. As long as he stays active and appears healthy he is most likely getting enough nutrients one way or the other.

nikipate
01-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Oh yeah, He very brilliant coloring and doesn't have clamped fins.

We are thinking of getting a rainbow shark in a little bit.... What does "clamped fins" mean?

Incredulous_Ed
01-19-2007, 10:26 PM
It means the fins are very close to the body. This is a sign of stress in the fish