PDA

View Full Version : hey

blacklotus
11-11-2008, 03:32 AM
hi everyone :)

i have a little tank that i kept red Ramshorn snails in and 2 pond snails i guess they are, the little tiny ones. well the eggs are hatching or 1 of them has atleast left the jelly looking stuff now just a hundred or so more to go lol :P but now im seeing little wormy looking things on the glass and i have no clue what they are they are also very tiny

Red
11-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Welcome.... :)

korith
11-11-2008, 04:21 AM
hi everyone :)

i have a little tank that i kept red Ramshorn snails in and 2 pond snails i guess they are, the little tiny ones. well the eggs are hatching or 1 of them has atleast left the jelly looking stuff now just a hundred or so more to go lol :P but now im seeing little wormy looking things on the glass and i have no clue what they are they are also very tiny

If they are small white things and squirming around, could be planaria. I had that recently in one of my tanks. It's the result of overfeeding. Advice I was given to do water changes every few days, and also to cut back a bit on the food.

blacklotus
11-11-2008, 06:15 AM
i will look into that, there is nothing in there right now except the eggs so i haven't been feeding them at all but i guess once i took the snails out and put them in a differen't tank i never cleaned it. will the planaria harm the baby snails or the eggs?

Levi
11-11-2008, 06:29 AM
sounds like a great tank, i love snails

yeah, it's planaria...

i had them in my betta tank but he gobbled them all up

try to be a clean freak about the tank (vacuum once a week, don't overfeed) and the little white things should go away

the 'pond snails' will probably make many many more pond snails

blacklotus
11-11-2008, 06:32 AM
thanks for the help :)