PDA

View Full Version : Water Sprite

newt0524
01-18-2007, 03:43 PM
hey all

I have a question about watersprite. i know this is a pretty common aquarium plant, so i am hoping someone has some expierience with it.

my question is, are floating and anchored plants the same species? or are there different varieties for floating and anchored?

i think they are the same but am not sure.

also, i am trying to stick with floating plants as my pleco is large and will eat anchored ones. is this a fair assumption that floating plants should be allright with the pleco? or will she try to eat them as well?

newt

Abbeys_Mom
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
I have never found "well fed" plecos to eat plants. They tend to suck on them and uproot them. Floating plants should be okay if they are larger like water sprite.
As far as I know, the rooted ones and floating ones are the same. I have Wisteria, which is very similar to water sprite, and I have half root and half floating. Seems to grow either way. I haven't had any problems with my pleco, but I feed him zucchini and peas on occassion. It also may have to do with him being a bristlenose. I did have a 14" pleco in a planted tank years ago without problems.

newt0524
01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
hi

thnks for the advice. ive got a 8" common with no plants in the tank yet. i keep him well fed (on zuchini and peas as well) so maybe ill try it both ways.

again thanks for the reply.

newt