PDA

View Full Version : FlowerHorn Tanks Mates

Full3R
01-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey Everybody
My mate and i were at a backyard breeders (breeds and sells his fish from his backyard shed) house purchasing Black Ghost Knife Fish and my mate noticed the Flowerhorns he had for sale ($25) and he now wants to purchase one he has a rather large tank and he wants to know what a flower horn will do to his 3 junenile oscars of about 3 - 5 inches varied, his 4 inch green terror and his 2 Black Ghost Knife Fish that are 3 and 4 inches long??? any help is great (remembering the tank is quite large and the FH is 5 -6 inches in length)

William
01-17-2006, 05:25 AM
I wouldn't recommend him to add the flowerhorn even if it might work out ok if i haven't got another aquarium to move the flowerhorn to ig it doesn't. Flowerhorn can be very aggressiva and might end upp killing the other fish in the aquarium. On the other other Flowerhorns are much less agressive.

It would have been better if the flowerhorn would have been smaller than the rest of the fish.

As I said it might work but he should be very aware of the risk decides to try it.

Full3R
01-17-2006, 06:44 AM
My Mate has decided to not get the flowerhorn and possibly get a large predator catfish

Full3R
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Would it be safe to add a male flowerhorn of 5 inches to my oscar tank with the 6 inch red tiger and 9 inch albino oscar?

William
05-23-2006, 11:19 PM
No. I might work but Flowerhorn cichlids can be extremly aggressive and should only be kept with equally aggressie fish such as midas cichlids.

Full3R
05-24-2006, 04:28 AM
ohh ok thentops ill just stick wit what i gots for now then