PDA

View Full Version : My community is finished...for now

KneeKickLou
01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I just added the last fish to my community tank last night and I cant wait for them to become a nice loving family. I got 4 bolivian rams to finish off my tank. They are a little shy now just hanging out together but I'm sure in a few days they will start swimming around and enjoing the wonderful house I have set up for them. I plan on adding an Eheim 2213 for additional filtering becuse my stocking levels being so close to the max.

Lady Hobbs
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Make sure you test your water in a couple days after adding more fish just to make sure your levels stay at a proper level. I would be concerned with Rams being with angels tho. Rams can be a little aggressive but so can Angels. They really aren't a good community fish (angels.)

KneeKickLou
01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Well the angels seem to be really calm now they are still smallish, they seem to get on well with the dwarfs and the danios are fast enough to get away from them if they become agressive, the corys just hang out on the bottom. I will for sure remeber to check my levels and will watch the agression closely.

Lady Hobbs
01-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I currently have 8 angels in my 30 gallon. Only one is full grown tho and the others are all young ones. They are doing great together. But, wow, let me take the small ones out and add another full grown angel and war is declared immediately. They can sure cop an attitude but they are a cichlid so guess that's expected.

Good luck with all your new fishies.

Severus
01-18-2007, 03:35 PM
You are gonna run into aggression problems once the angels start to mature. It sounds like a very nice tank though. Good luck

jeffs99dime
01-19-2007, 05:09 AM
yeah, good luck with that