PDA

View Full Version : Update on Weird Coloring

NocturnalSiren
11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
So shortly after getting the advice on my royals condition, I wanted to update you on his progress. He's back to his normal coloring, highly enjoying the cucumber. He doesn't even run away when my hand goes in the tank anymore also he's not staying behind the filter as much either. I dunno what happened to make him turn around but he looks so much better and actually is getting a belly on him! I am so happy, thank you guys so much.

dean30bb
11-08-2008, 11:45 PM
thats great mate hope he stays good now congratz:19: :19:

Dave66
11-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Congrats, NS. When Royals get settled in and are well-fed, they are very bold. I have a 16-inch long adult Royal who's been with me more than 15 years, and is the 'king' of his tank.
Have you tried fresh Romaine lettuce or leaf spinach with him yet? The cellulose fiber in the leafy vegs is good for him. Also, I suppose you have driftwood in his tank? Royals need to rasp on and eat driftwood to help with their digestion.

Dave

Dave

Northernguy
11-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Glad to hear it!:19:
Well done!

BigMac
11-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Right on!:19:

How bout a pic so we can see how he looks ;)

NocturnalSiren
11-10-2008, 04:58 AM
Well perhaps I spoke too soon he still is very blotchy, but he's eating well and I moved the snails to the otherside of the tank (I hope they can deal with the dino's better than he can) hoping to let him chill out for a while. I will definately try some leafy stuff and see if he likes it anything else he might like? I will also try to get a pic as soon as he lets me. I'm always open for advice and tips, anything is greatly appreciated.

NocturnalSiren
11-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Ok here's a pic he's a little better you can see some of the coloring comming back. Could it be a fungus?