PDA

View Full Version : Rescued some budgies

Mvjnz
11-07-2008, 03:38 AM
We went to a barbecue at a friends place on Sunday. He'd just moved in and the property has an outdoor aviary which was full of budgies. The owners came by and picked up all the budgies except two, and promised to come back for them.

But that was weeks ago and our friend hadn't heard back from them and the birds were running out of food and water, so he asked us if we wanted to take them. We said yes.

So we went out and bought a cage and picked them up last night.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/Mvjnz/Birds/IMG_4978.jpg

They're a little freaked out, but they've started moving around and making some noise, so they should be alright:)

The property also had a pond, which our friend thought was empty. But upon inspection I found 4 goldfish. Nearly all the water had evaporated and what was left was brown. No filter.

Nice people in other words...

Tolley
11-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Nice birds there!

angelcakes
11-07-2008, 03:39 PM
nice set of budgies:19: :19:

Northernguy
11-07-2008, 04:20 PM
:19: Well done.Nice looking birds.
I have had budgies for years now and they make for a wonderful pet.
My favorite was eaten by one of my dogs a few years ago,He would stay on my shoulder from the time i walked in the door until I went to bed at night!

Mvjnz
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes, they are pretty:)

They're not very tame, having lived in an outdoor aviary (prolly born there as well), and they get spooked when I'm moving around, but they'll get used to it and I'll try to tame them as much as possible, but I doubt they'll ever be completely tame. But I don't mind.

The budgies I had as a teenager were never tame either, but they tolerated my presence:)