PDA

View Full Version : constipation or eggs?

dixipixi32
11-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I was taking a good hard look at my female betta last...and she is all abdomen! it's like she has this huge front end and then tiny little skinny tail...I wonder if she is constipated or (since I did moved her boyfriend in with cause his bowl was too cold) if she has decided to fill up with eggs? they are both in a 10 gallon...I dont notice him bothering her per say but I do notice her really flirting with him..both are quite young fish he is no bigger than her both about maybe inch in length...they are in a community tank with 3 danios...and some ghost fish....she is still eating though ..hmmm love to hear some suggestions from you all!

Poofaye C.
11-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like she got some love'in!!! Hope that's all it is.

Go little Betta male, high fin up top!!!

Kayla-Bug
11-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Sounds like eggs. What color is her tummy? And do you mean you have them both together in the same tank with no divider?!

dixipixi32
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah they are togather have no problems what-so-ever! anyway she is a very light rosey color so her belly looks kind of opague looking maybe ? hard to say really she looked less bloated last night though...she is acting fine though so i am not too worried bout it

Kayla-Bug
11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Ok, so you keep them together sucessfully without them fighting or anything?!?! I am suprised. Can you get pics of this?!?! And you had better be ready just in case they spawn. Do you know how many eggs they have? You would need a lot of Betta jars to contain the males and lots of food to feed the fry.

Northernguy
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Thats something new.Lotsa love in that tank or it hasn't started yet.
Good Luck dixie:19: You should get pics of this,its rare that they are not fighting

dixipixi32
11-07-2008, 04:23 PM
ok i will get pictures...I really think it's because he is soooo young maybe once he gets bigger it could be different story...but for right now she really is the more pushy one in the relationship! ha ha i will get some picks....he hasnt made a bubble nest or anything but i did put a betta cup lid in the corner where he likes to hang out taped to the side just incase he wants to do some home making :) will try and get some pics tonight...it's funny the only thing Fred flares at is the thermomoter in the corner :18:

Kathyd
11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I've heard of this happening on other forums as well. Bettas must be like men, every now and then you find one whose peaceful and doesn't think of mating every minute, but its rare. :laugh1blue: