PDA

View Full Version : Can Finger Fish live with gold fish?

Nuttawet
11-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Can Finger Fish live with gold fish?

If not finger fish, what other fish might go with goldfish? (added by Hobbs)

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Nuttawet, just a suggestion, why don't you simply start a thread and ask what is compatible with Goldfish. You've started 4-5 threads or more asking if particular fish will go with Goldfish. Save yourself some time and just ask what will live with Goldfish.

DragonGoby
11-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Do you mean Monodactylus argenteus ?

I don't think so, they're brackish fish... And I think they need big tank...

Are you trying to match your goldfish with one other fish? If yes, ask yourself what size of tank you have your goldfish in, and what are the conditions... And then look at a fish that can live in those conditions...

I know you're trying to find some information, but sometimes, shooting in the dark is not the best way to find an answer at the specific question, specially regarding fish.

Still, it's good to ask before actually putting any fish in your tank :ezpi_wink1:

Nuttawet
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Do you mean Monodactylus argenteus ?

I don't think so, they're brackish fish... And I think they need big tank...

Are you trying to match your goldfish with one other fish? If yes, ask yourself what size of tank you have your goldfish in, and what are the conditions... And then look at a fish that can live in those conditions...

I know you're trying to find some information, but sometimes, shooting in the dark is not the best way to find an answer at the specific question, specially regarding fish.

Still, it's good to ask before actually putting any fish in your tank :ezpi_wink1:

Yes they are call Monodactylus argenteus or Finger Fish in short. So can Monodactylus argenteus live with goldfish? What do Finger Fish eat in nature or wild?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Nuttawet, she told you they can't. Monos are brackish fish and need brackish water and even full marine.

Nuttawet
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
What do Finger Fish eat in nature or wild?

Northernguy
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Here research your fish:http://www.aqua-fish.net/show.php?h=fingerfish
I have no idea what they would eat in the wild

Red
11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
They eat stuff, they cant go with goldfish. They cant go with silver dollars. they get big. Enough said.

cocoa_pleco
11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
IMO goldfish can only go with other goldfish or weather loaches

terrapin24h
11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
gold fish work with very little other species because, well, they're goldfish. They need downright frigid waters compared to other fish, and don't even like heated water. They eat and poop like bigs and get big as footballs. To keep 1 you need at least 20 gallons, adding at least 10-15 gall for each extra you want. Oh by the way, their a schooling fish so they should be kept in groups of 6. Plus, they'll eat anything they can fit in their mouths. Practically speaking the only thing compatible with goldfish is goldfish. hth

--chris

Red
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Good point cocoa and terrapin, i also agree with them that should be only with goldfish..( the dont eat peanuts)

NickFish
11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Man....this guy isn't banned yet!?

For the last time, listen to what the people here are telling you!

Mvjnz
11-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Goldfish are fine in heated tanks. I have some in a pond which I am now keeping in an indoor tank to treat for white spot. the pond is warm, the tank is warm, and it doesn't bother them.

While I was treating the temp was up to 35 degrees at one point, and the goldfish showed no signs that it was bothering them. It's a myth that they need to be kept in cold water.

In Asia they are kept in ponds which at times reach nearly 40 degrees.

But I agree that there's a lot of fish they can't be kept with, because they get big they will eat any small fish put in with them.

I also don't like the idea of keeping coldwater fish with tropical fish, just strikes me as messy.

Fishguy2727
11-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Agree, goldfish being coldwater is a myth. But I am not even worrying about that right now. This guy keeps asking and asking about mixing different fish. Then he asks three times in each thread after any time he has been told 'no, that combination doesn't work'.

Either start listening or you will probably end up banned. Ask a question. Listen to the answer. If it doesn't make sense then ask why, don't just keep repeating the question, it won't change the answer.

cocoa_pleco
11-07-2008, 03:51 AM
gotta agree, if you repeat you risk a banning

instead, if you dont understand, just say something like "could you please explain in further detail why they are not compatable"

NickFish
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Agreed.

You are just demanding that someone agree with you. If a dozen experienced fishkeepers say no it won't work, chances are that no, it won't work.

Why are you trying to kill your fish?

You have to know by now that you are doing something wrong. We are giving you advice, it would be smart to listen it.

Dixie
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
This is the fist post of Nuttawet's that I've read. I just figured he/she kept asking because he/she liked the fish and was thinking of setting up another tank for it. Or just curious and wanted to learn about it. I really didn't expect them to put it in with goldfish after being told no, but like I said it's the first post of theirs I've read.

Lady Hobbs
11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Can Finger Fish live with gold fish?

If not finger fish, what other fish might go with goldfish? (added by Hobbs)

I added the last part so this will not require 50 threads asking about every kind of fish and I also moved this to the goldfish forum.

All fish in the wild eat bugs, algae, plant matter and tiny fish and eggs.

Fishguy2727
11-07-2008, 02:14 PM
What size tank are the goldfish in?
What filtration?
What water change schedule?
What is the nitrate concentration?
How many goldfish and of what types?

Northernguy
11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
What size tank are the goldfish in?
What filtration?
What water change schedule?
What is the nitrate concentration?
How many goldfish and of what types?
WOW By asking these questions we have gone full cicle with no answers!
He has been asked this several times in different threads and has never had an answer only the same question.

Fishguy2727
11-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I think at this point it is looking more and more like a troll. Anyone who really wanted help would ask different questions. Even if they didn't believe 100% of the answers, they would ask about more information and explain what they had been told that contradicts what we are saying. This person seems to just want to keep posting without making ANY advancement, even relevant to their original questions. I think unless this person comes back and actually discusses this we need to assume they are a troll.

Fishalicious
11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
I doubt there will be many more discussion as Nuttawet is no longer a member :c2:

Fishguy2727
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I thought that was coming soon.

cocoa_pleco
11-08-2008, 03:01 AM
saw the ban coming. lol

wolf_eyes
11-08-2008, 03:55 AM
If that person actually has fish, i cringe at the idea of how he will treat the fish. It doesn't seem like he did any research at all and wasn't willing to learn. Quite a shame

cocoa_pleco
11-08-2008, 04:06 AM
If that person actually has fish, i cringe at the idea of how he will treat the fish. It doesn't seem like he did any research at all and wasn't willing to learn. Quite a shame

he has a vid on youtube of a 75g-90g with some goldfish, couldnt even see a filter in the video

Fishguy2727
11-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Didn't he say he didn't use a filter?

cocoa_pleco
11-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Didn't he say he didn't use a filter?

not sure, but i dont see a filter

97Bv74velZk

Fishguy2727
11-08-2008, 01:59 PM
They look healthy, I hope they stay that way. I am pretty sure he specified at some point when asked about it that he didn't have any filtration.