PDA

View Full Version : Weird coloring

NocturnalSiren
11-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Ok so I've had my Royal Pleco for 6 months or better and I had him in a tank with 2 snails and 2 Dino eels. That was my first mistake. The eels ended up eating one of his eyes so I had to seperate them so they are in a sectioned off tank at the moment being as neither one of them are very big. I have my pleco in his side with two snails. And I just noticed that while healthy around his eyes its light grey like his pattern is missing. Normally he's blackstripped with dark grey so I'm wondering what exactly is going on. I started treating the tank with melafix. I have no idea what is causing this but it's only around his eyes and no where else on his body. So if there is something I need to be doing please let me know he's been through enough as it is. Other than that he seems in good health and the water is stable. I've personally never seen him eat but he's growing and looks in good condition, no sunkin areas. So all of you out there...what is it?

Demi ^_^
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
He is probably just stressed, afterall ones eyes being eaten out by another would be horrible 0_o

Goodluck with him, I would wait until some more experienced members answered :))

angelcakes
11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
hello and welcome to start with:19:
it sounds like your pleco is it a royal panaque? is highly stressed i would suggest keeping a close eye on him sometimes panaques are easily stressed and theres not much you can do,
lay off the melafix and keep your water as it is and he should start to recover,try feeding your pleco some cucumber raw with rind on as in my experince they love this and the rind,
as with most pleco there nocturnal and this could be why you are not seeing him eat as its at night time they will eat
his colour should go back to normal keep us posted:19:

Northernguy
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Can you get a pick of where it was bit?
Does it still have it eye?
How old is the tank?

Welcome to the AC!

dean30bb
11-05-2008, 04:21 AM
G'day and welcome

your pleco seems like it is just stresed from its eye being eaten let him rest for a few days and see how he goes

NocturnalSiren
11-05-2008, 04:39 AM
I managed to get a pic. The eyeball eating thing happened over a month or two ago and he was fine after that unless it's the stress just now kicking in. I tried putting his pic in my profile pic, but I'm sure you can see him.

Northernguy
11-05-2008, 05:30 AM
If the pic is in your my pictures file.Right click and open with paint.Top left hit image and resizse.44%horizontal and vertical and save.Now you can post a pic real easy.When posting a thread just scroll down and hit manage attachments and browse .Find your pic and open.Hit upload and you are good to go.
This should make it easier to post a pic!

NocturnalSiren
11-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Ok I think I got it.Thanks!! I would have never figured it out. I can work Photoshop and Illustrator but the other programs forget it.

Northernguy
11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I can't make out enough detail with that pic.Here is a link that may help out your photo problem.http://www.stopactionphoto.net/Photoprimer.html