PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what juvenile belone needlefish eat?

risingsun
01-17-2007, 01:43 AM
my needlefish had 20 babies and each of them died b/c no one in any of the pet stores knew what the babies ate, but they did know that the adults eat feeders. and now their new babies have just hatched and I really would like to keep them alive this time. could anyone help me w/ this please?

Drumachine09
01-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Maybe brine shrimp or 1-5 day old guppy fry? just a guess though

Severus
01-17-2007, 03:30 AM
How big are the little guys?

BenSpencer23
09-18-2007, 04:31 AM
I've had them before and just fed frozon bloodworms, worked fairly well, I did have 2 out of 16 that didn't eat and died, I would imagine Drumachine09 would be right in suggesting very young guppies or mollies. Sry. Didn't realize how old this post was :(

77Angelfish
09-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I have a needle fish and had a handful of feeder fish in there and recently it seems he has stop eating. Do they eat everyday?? I thought maybe he was full and then I thought the menos might be getting to smart for him. What do you think? Should I get some more and drop them in there. I think it is sometimes easier for them to eat the fish when you first drop them into the tank and they are under shock.

thanks,

Paul

robflanker
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Not to rain on this parade, but this thread is ridic old. Why the need to revive it?

Why not make your own thread?

Bur01014
09-26-2009, 04:12 AM
I only feed my needle maybe 1 to 2 guppies every other day.....people can get carried away with over feeding predators.....It is not really recommended to throw in 10 or so guppies at a time....the fish will take on a binge type diet....feed them consistently.....doing this requires a small tank or small plaster contained with a bubbler for the guppies to live in during the week....(my two cents)