PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Question

teach
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I was wondering if angelfish got along ok with silverdollars and a blood parrot? Also do you have to keep angels in a pair? Thanks

Fishguy2727
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
They don't have to be in pairs, but they generally are social, groups and pairs (if they pair off).

Compatibility is highly variable. Some silver dollars would be too nippy (although mine never were), and some parrots are very aggressive while others are very laid back.

Northernguy
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Every fish has a different personality and attitude.I have seen some tanks where the fish just kill each other and some where everyone get along.There will always be a territorial dispute among them but it may work.Keeping them well fed will definately help.
Goodluck and get some pics up if you go for it!:19:

teach
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I may try it. Ive wanted one for along time but havent had room. itll prolly be awhile before I do it. and my blood parrot is very laid back so as long as the silverdollars are good with it. Thanks

DrNic
11-12-2008, 01:57 AM
I can't speak for parrots but I my mom has 2 angels and 2 silver dollars in the same tank without any problems. If the fish are all reasonably socalized (i.e. they haven't been in tanks alone much) I think you should be ok.

Angels don't need to be kept in pairs but they can get a little nippy as they become larger if they are alone. With pairs however you do run the risk of having a male/female pair that lays eggs. If this happens you risk both angels getting REALLY aggressive toward any other fish near the eggs.