PDA

View Full Version : I got a new puppy!!! ♥ Meet Luna--

Kayla-Bug
11-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Ok, so I finally got me a small house dog. She is only 7.5 months old. Her name is Luna and she is a cock-a-poo! I had been talking to these people for a while now and they were so worried they wouldn't find her a good home....... until they found ME! I told them she would be extremely spoiled. I went out and bought her her very own pink hoodie, hair bows, food (the good kind), food bowl, a brush, a toy, and some treats. There is still more things I have to buy her. She wears a hoodie great! Not so fond of the bows, but she lets you mess with her hair every now and then. She likes to be brushed! I plan on taking her to the groomer next week so she can get a good bath and nail clipping. Oh I also got her shampoo when I don't want to take her to the groomer or can't. She is such a sweetie pie. One of the most calm and precious dogs I have ever met! I love her to bits. Now presenting, LUNA!!!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/luna023.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/luna031.jpg

Gayle
11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
OMG How cute!!!! She is soooo adorable!!! Congrats!

oldhead
11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Congrats, she's a beauty.:c12:

Kathyd
11-02-2008, 11:07 PM
She's really cute. My friend has a cock-a-poo. They are neat dogs, very affectionate.

Kayla-Bug
11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks! She hasn't had a fulfilling life, though. The people that I got her from bought her from their boss who got her from a place where they put the animals down if they are not sold by the time they are 6 months old. Luckily their boss came by and got her and asked them if they wanted her, so they took her. So she has spent most of her life in a crate until she got picked at that wicked place. Now she will never have to stay in a crate again. I don't even like crating them while we leave or something because I know they don't like it. So she should have a pretty good life here with us.!!!

angelcakes
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
congrats shes soooooooooo cute:19: :19:

Lady Hobbs
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
She is a sweet little dog and you will spoil her, for sure. Nice age to get a dog, too. They are over some of the chewing by that age and housebroken. (hopefully)

Northernguy
11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Thats a beautiful puppy!
Congrats to your new best friend!:19:

Kayla-Bug
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone!

And yes Lady Hobbs, she is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. She gets really excited if we leave even just for a minute, when we come back she's all happy and wagging her tail. She is too cute! I am trying to get her to eat the dog food I bought her. It's supposed to be good (I checked the ingredients and it looked better than most dog food that was on the Petsmart shelf..)

Northernguy
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
In my opinion IAMS should be avoided.I will never forgive them for what they did to me!
I use Nutrience now.Its a great food!

Kayla-Bug
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I am trying to get her to eat the dog food, but having no luck. I am going to see if hand feeding will help. She's got to learn to eat hard food sometime! The people that had her had her on science diet, which I don't like. Maybe I should get her a small bag of what she used to eat and mix the new gradually. I have never had such a picky dog, lol!

Minderella83
11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Nutrience is only available in Canada.

Kayla-Bug
11-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I've finally gotten her to eat the food though. I think the people that fed her didn't put her food in the bowl and left it full all the time like I do. I think they just fed her like what the bag says to do. She eats but she doesn't eat much but it is frequent.

dean30bb
11-05-2008, 04:25 AM
aww how cute :19:

Kayla-Bug
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Thank you! I have finally gotten her to eat, not sure if I mentioned that. She is now eating out of her bowl by herself instead of only eating out of my hand. YAY!!! I think she just needed time to adjust. Now she bounces off the walls lol.

Northernguy
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Nutrience is only available in Canada.
Thats too bad ,its great food for pets.

ruralex
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Congrats on your new doggie. :19: She's a cutie! I have 2 poodles and a maltepoo. I feed them Innova. It's made by NaturaPet Foods in Santa Clara, CA. It's all natural human grade ingredients. You can usually find it at smaller pet stores. If you change foods just add a little of the new food each day until it's completely changed. That way it doesn't upset their tummys. Take care!

oldhead
11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your new doggie. :19: She's a cutie! I have 2 poodles and a maltepoo. I feed them Innova. It's made by NaturaPet Foods in Santa Clara, CA. It's all natural human grade ingredients. You can usually find it at smaller pet stores. If you change foods just add a little of the new food each day until it's completely changed. That way it doesn't upset their tummys. Take care!

I too was using the Innova puppy food, definitely good stuff with great ingredients. I switched over to California's Best which is also in their line not too long ago though. One of my Bostons was having some skin allergy issues and I thought to put him on a fish based protein which has worked out extremely well to date. If you're bored you can check out the ingredients and both foods here:

http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/default.asp?id=1326

http://www.naturapet.com/

Kayla-Bug
11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Yea, both ingredients look better than what I have. I have been looking online about which ingredients to avoid in the food and I looked for those when I was buying her food. It was the best thing I could find that didn't have any by-products in it. It does contain salt, and some kind of corn stuff, but it is the best I could find.

I saw where someone said that you could find that one kind at smaller pet stores, do you think the local farmers place like Co-op would have it? They sell chicken food, immunizations for dogs and other animals, and I think they sell dog food. Do you think somewhere like that would sell good dog foods like those?

ruralex, thanks!

ruralex
11-07-2008, 12:30 AM
They might carry it. The best way to find a supplier is to go to the website, naturapet.com and click on the "Where to Buy" tab and see if there's one that's not too far away.

Kayla-Bug
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok I will check. I didn't know until today that Co-op had a website lol.