PDA

View Full Version : Does Java Moss blossom?

Alfcea
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Hello you guys,

I think it doesn't, right? But my Java moss is growing some weird thingies that I never saw before... and was wondering if any of you would know what they are. I don't have any pictures, but they look like stiff strings coming off of it and at the end, they have like a "head". Very much like stiff fishing lines with a bait at the end... Neither the plant, nor the fish seem to mind it, but they look kinda odd... what are they? I'm pretty sure they are normal... I recently started fertilizing with fluorish excel to treat a bba infestation I was getting, and I think that might have something to do with it...

Any information will be greatly appreciated....

angelcakes
10-30-2008, 03:44 PM
are you able to post pics..........?

Alfcea
02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok,ok....

I know that I started this thread loooong ago (Please Cocoa, aka "Old thread police", do not close this thread (blush) ) and never actually continued it. I do not have a camera or the skills to take good pictures, but it seems that I finally know what it is! I'm very happy! :19:
I found this website (http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/plants/Leong_Mosses.html). The pictures look exactly the same as the weird "fishing rods" that I described in the post above... and now I know that what I have is actually Christmass moss! Now, that's exciting!!! :19: ...

I also liked the phrase that says:
...If you have many capsules growing in your mosses, it would mean there's a lot of wild sex taking place in your tank...

So... My tank is now x-rated! :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry, I just needed to tell you guys this... I am happy today!

Adrian
02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Hmmm, now I might have to find some Christmas moss. Looks a lot better than my java moss. As of right now, my moss is out of control. I may drop my backdrop, and put in some netting for my moss to adhere too. Though, I would prefer to use x-mas moss for this, my java moss will work nicely too. Wonder what my tank would look like with a java wall....trying to visualize this.

Glad your moss is reproducing. I have waaaaay more than I can use.