PDA

View Full Version : All about pruning aquatic plants

Myrrhlyn
01-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Anyone know of a good online source for this kind of information? The only stuff I've discovered so far is that there are a lot of people out there that are aware pruning takes place, but there is never any discussion about how to make the cut, where to cut or if you can just stick the stem you just cut back into the substrate to propagate another plant.

Ideally a website would have plants by species name, common name, have a picture, and a detailed explanation of how to go about pruning it, but I guess that's a lot of information to gather. Perhaps that's a future entry on my "To Do List."

Anyone know where I could get my hands on some of this information? Much appreciated. Thanks!

Lady Hobbs
01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I would assume they are pruned like any plant. If you see any new shoots, cut just above that new shoot. If they are just bushy and taking up too much space, cut about anywhere you want. The more you prune, the bushier they get.

Abbeys_Mom
01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Try here. They have an article on propagation and might have something on pruning, but I haven't found it yet. Great info on plant types/w pictures and lighting/care requirements.

http://www.plantgeek.net/

Incredulous_Ed
01-19-2007, 03:59 AM
you know, a trip to your local library can be invaluble about info on fish and plants.

jeffs99dime
01-19-2007, 04:52 AM
you know, a trip to your local library can be invaluble about info on fish and plants.

and everything else too! i don't think most people know what libraries are anymore. it does seem as though they're being phased out

Incredulous_Ed
01-19-2007, 10:39 PM
and everything else too! i don't think most people know what libraries are anymore. it does seem as though they're being phased out
I agree jeff. people don't read as much as they should.

blue fin
01-20-2007, 01:17 AM

I can't forget about my local library, our town just built a new library at a cost of 8 million dollars!!!!! My taxes will be going up for years... the old library worked just fine and didn't stop the township from upgrading all of the local schools either....

Incredulous_Ed
01-20-2007, 01:40 AM
sorry to hear about that :(

jeffs99dime
01-20-2007, 01:55 AM
I can't forget about my local library, our town just built a new library at a cost of 8 million dollars!!!!! My taxes will be going up for years... the old library worked just fine and didn't stop the township from upgrading all of the local schools either....

i was just making a generalization based on what i have seen. i was in no way saying that you personally, do not go to the library. lol