PDA

View Full Version : are goldfish cannabilistic??? sp?

shalafi04
10-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Okay honestly. I had 2 red cap orandas just 4 weeks ago before I went on vacation. I came home, and now I only have 1. WTH???

I have checked everywhere, being a betta owner as well, i always assume that they have jumped out to their deaths... so my question is if they would have eaten their friend. He was around the same size as the rest, if not averaging on the big side. But he's gone!

It wasn't a lack of food, they get fed everyday by my neighbor while I'm gone, and she says she didn't find any bodies during her baby sitting.... (Vampire)

Fishguy2727
10-28-2008, 12:50 AM
If it died for other reasons they may pick at the body. In some cases this can mean you never see or find the body.

shalafi04
10-28-2008, 12:56 AM
okay that makes since. Wouldn't there be some sort of skeletal system left though? Thats Oh well.... so much for the tank being overpopulated. lol! Thats one less I have to transfer to the new 90 gallon I'm getting in January!

Thanks. Hope that is the case. I wasnt for sure if goldies were jumpers like betta or not. (ghost)

Friendly
10-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Was your 'fish-sitter' hungry?....

That was a joke, but I do hope you know what happened. I always find it frustrating, because I can't find the missing fish, either if it jumped, got eaten, got sucked into the filter, etc. And if I don't know what happened to the fish then you can't prevent it from happening the next time.

shalafi04
10-28-2008, 01:21 AM
hahahaha maybe she ate him! Who knows. She swears she didn't kill any this time. Last time she baby sat I found a GBR dead and stuck to the filter. It was so long dead I couldn't identify the body without doing a fish count to figure out who was missing

Fishguy2727
10-28-2008, 11:52 AM
If the goldfish was small enough you may not notice any bones left. They could be buried in the substrate or stuck up against the bottom of a piece of decor.

shalafi04
10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
well i noticed he was gone when i did a MAJOR reconstructing of the tank... his remains could be lost in the sand though. Whatever. He's been replaced. And I asked my friend she swears she didn't fish nap him lol.... shes afraid of fish :?

nyquil junkie
12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Look for a ransom note.
or a very tiny suicide letter.

cocoa_pleco
01-01-2009, 12:13 AM
old thread