PDA

View Full Version : the murdering bettas?

themuffinbandit
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Okay so in my 10g tank, I have 2 female bettas who get along, and 9 neon tetras and one pleco who is very small (will move him into bigger tank when he gets bigger). Okay so here is where the mystery begins, about two days ago, one of my neon tetras went missing. NOt in the filter or under my rocks. Now today, another is missing. what is happening to my neons??? ARE MY BETTAS EATING THEM? I havent fed them in like 2 days but ive never seen them eat other fish... whats going on? any ideas?

cocoa_pleco
10-27-2008, 11:06 PM
some betta will chase small schooling fish and eat them

Ghostknife
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I had one male betta with a bunch of neons in the same tank to start. They all got on well til my neons starting harrassing the betta, then the betta started attacking. He did not kill any of them though.

In short, he showed aggression towards them. Also, if a neon dies, for whatever reason, the other neons will eat it pretty quickly. Could be a number of things, you may need to just keep an eye out for whats happening.

Best of luck.

dixipixi32
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Your pleco could be desposing of the bodies for you.

Lady Hobbs
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Most likely. I kept neons with my angels for some time and things were fine. And then they weren't! LOL Guess they figured out they could kill them so did.

Northernguy
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
some betta will chase small schooling fish and eat them

I am sure thats why I have 3 missing over the past few months.