PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London :-)

treaclepudding
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone!
Hoping to get some great advice here :-)
I bought my first fish tank complete with two black moor goldfish last year as I'd moved away from my friends and family and needed some company. I went to the local pet shop and chose two of the ugliest goldfish I had ever seen, because they had tonnes of personality and were all alone in their massive tank! Unfortunately, being a student so money being tight, and also due to my own ignorance and the petshop owners bad advice, the tank I got them was far too small, and they grew exponentially almost over night.

After about a month, I came home to find that Chino (the bigger one), had decimated poor Maynard (the little one)...he had eaten all of his fins and the poor guy was just kinda floating around looking very sorry for himself. Next morning, RIP Maynard.

Since he's eaten his friend/competitor for space, Chino has gone from strength to strength, even though his tank looks sad as there are no plants in it because he's so blind he swims into everything, so all he's got are some nice large, non-pointy-edged stones for company.

However, today I looked at him and realised he needed a nicer home, so I've just ordered him a lovely 30litre biorb to call his own :-)
I've thought about getting him another friend once the tank comes, but I couldn't face the guilt of another fin-less goldfish.

Anyways, thats me and my fish. If anyone has any advice on black moors or biorbs or anything, i'd much appreciate it!
Thanks for reading

Algenco
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard:22: you'll find a wealth of info here

angelcakes
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
hello and welcome:19: :19:

mrs fishpatrick
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi, welcome

Red
10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
welcome :)

Northernguy
10-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the wonderful AC!We can talk about your tank and fish in the general or coldwater fish section:19:

Sharkman
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
hi there and welcome to AC(pumpkin)

Tolley
10-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Biorbs arent exactly the best of tanks.

dean30bb
10-28-2008, 01:21 AM
G,day and welcome to the A.C:19: :19: