PDA

View Full Version : Photography How-to Finished

Sounguru
10-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Finally finished it, didn't realize how close to the end I really was....

Photoprimer 101 (http://www.stopactionphoto.net/Photoprimer.html)

Kathyd
10-27-2008, 02:07 AM
Great. I read it. Time to get my camera and start playing :19:
Thanks.

Northernguy
10-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Thats a great Photoprimer Sounguru.Its helped me out a lot.Especially the part about the lighting.Its nice to understand it a bit better.:19:

henryscat
11-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Good guide and well written - will surely be a good help to the beginner snapper!

C-Dub
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Great Article...

I need a new camera :c11:

Northernguy
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought I would bump this to give some people an idea of how to take a decent pic.

PUNISHER VETTE
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Now we need to discuss what functions and types of cameras work best. I fully understand that most people are not gonna go out and drop $1000 on a camera with the proper lens and flash, but the sad truth is that is what it takes to get started and produce pro images. Now point and shoot cameras are getting better all the time but they still have their limitations where an SLR will give you the freedom to do what you really need to do:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this...
I think an SLR "may" get you a better shot "if" you know how to use it but in you could also take almost exactly the same photo with a point/shoot "if" you know how. I can see were wide angle or macro shots are better since the SLRs can have nicer lenses.
some of the reasons and SLR is better over a point/shoot aren't really true.

Tripod, flashes, hooking it up to the computer are all options certain P&S's have if you're looking for them. Most people just don't bother though.

But other then my disagreement it's still a very good read and will help many.

PUNISHER VETTE
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Okay. i guess what i'm saying is that by all means you dont' need an SLR to get GREAT shots of your tank.

But I suppose an SLR would have better technology and easier access to equipment if you wanted to try for that perfect shot.

I'm sure some people with a point and shoot may not have the same options as my cannon does which means they definitely wouldn't be able to get a good shot. So it really depends on the type of point/shoot you have.

sandy_n
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Very informative article Sounguru. :22:

Northernguy
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought I would bump this to give some people an idea of how to take a decent pic.
I did not mean that to sound rude and I apologize.I just found that by reading this helped me to improve my pics.
Punisher I find that most of the point and shoot cameras have all the same functions these days! Yes you can still take a bad pic with a great camera but learning how to use it part of the fun.I found Soungurus primer more understandable than my manual and he has a few good tips in there too.lol
Brookfish also wrote an article in here somewhere.