PDA

View Full Version : 10g

Zebradanio12
10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
what kind of fish could i put in a 10g with 10 Lb of Live rock. no coral

Fishguy2727
10-26-2008, 07:00 PM
More live rock is always better, so if you can get 15 pounds or more it would be even better.

There are a lot of options. What do you like?

Have you had a marine tank before?

Halelorf
10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
I would go with 15lbs of liverock and do lots of research into marine aquariums before you start. Read the book The New Marine Aquarium by Michael Paletta as a start, that will give you a pretty good foundation. As for livestock you could do many of the small gobies like clown, neon, etc. a ocellaris clown fish, or firefish. I would recommend a skimmer with that also and do not exceed more than two of any of the fish I listed, you should try to keep it at only one of those fish.

cocoa_pleco
10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
do your research first, thats the best thing. personally, i would get a smaller clownfish like a oscellaris, and a small goby

Zebradanio12
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
it says right here on aquitic community that oscellaris clownfish should not be kept in a tank smaller than 30g.

Fishguy2727
10-27-2008, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't put them in a 10 either.

As a warning, you can never trust any single source. Not one source of information I have found on marine tanks do I trust unquestioned. They contradict each other all the time and a lot of it based on small sample sizes ('it worked for me once'), unusual cases, being too picky ('one tiny fish needs a huge tank'), not being picky enough (you can fit a clown in a 2.5 gallon'), etc. The more resources you have and use the better you will be.

Is this your first marine tank?
What books do you have so far?