PDA

View Full Version : breeding?

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 01:55 PM
For how long is female betta have to watch male betta before proceeding the breed?

Northernguy
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
When you see the male build a bubble nest.http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/bettafish/breeding2.php

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
When you see the male build a bubble nest.http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/bettafish/breeding2.php

In that article it doesn't tell.

gm72
10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes it does. Fifth paragraph, complete with typo, states:

"If your Betta pair still havenít spawn within tree (should say "three") days after the female Betta was placed in the breeding aquarium, the pair is not compatible and will not breed."

angelcakes
10-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes it does. Fifth paragraph, complete with typo, states:

"If your Betta pair still havenít spawn within tree (should say "three") days after the female Betta was placed in the breeding aquarium, the pair is not compatible and will not breed."
by which then you take the female out or the male could kill her,

gm72
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
by which then you take the female out or the male could kill her,

Yes, it does go on to explain.

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
What i'm saying is how long do the female betta has to watch male betta before going into breeding bowl or breeding tub ect.?

gm72
10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
The article is very clear on that also. Please re-read the article.

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
It only tells (Start by placing their aquariums close to each other and allow them to watch each other for a couple of days) not how many day?

angelcakes
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
It only tells (Start by placing their aquariums close to each other and allow them to watch each other for a couple of days) not how many day?
couple of days means 2

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Exactly 2 days to allow them watch each other?

Northernguy
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Try 3 and no longer.It means they do not have any interest at the moment.Try another female!
Either that or your male is gay!!!:11: LOL
Just kidding!

s72450
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I always heard it was until he started building a bubble nest and she was showing white bars on the side of her.

Nuttawet
10-26-2008, 04:53 PM
2-3 months is what i heard until her belly are full of eggs.

Northernguy
10-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Read this as well ,it will give you a better idea:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/bettafish/breeding.php

angelcakes
10-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Read this as well ,it will give you a better idea:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/bettafish/breeding.php
that would of been my suggestion also.....read through it twice if you have to:19:

Northernguy
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
What kind of container is your beta in.If its not happy they will not breed

Need pics?????

Kayla-Bug
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok. I will tell you everything you must do for your Bettas to breed successfully.

--Make sure their water is 80 degrees--

First, find your pair. Always have a back up female/male or females and males in case the pair is not compatible.

Second, you will need to set them side by side so that they can see each other.

Third, wait for the male to build a bubble nest. If he doesn't after a week or so, find a new male or female. Somtimes it takes him a while to build one. I had a male like that. He wasn't building a nest and we waited and waited and after a week or two, he built one.

Fourth, put the female in some kind of container so the male can see her but not touch her. Let her sit there for 3 days.

Fifth, release the female into his tank. Leave them in there for a while supervised. If nothing happens, take her out for the night and try again the next day. Keep trying this for a week or how ever long you want to try. But don't let the female get too beat up.

Sixth, if the spawn, take the female out ASAP without damaging the bubble nest. The female will eat the eggs.

Seventh, DO NOT FEED HIM OR THE BABIES! The babies will eat the yolk sac that they are in. Do not feed the male because he will not be interested in food as his time will all be spent on the nest.

Eighth, take the male out the next day. The fry should be free swimming and then the father will want to eat them.

Ninth, feed the babies more than you usually feed your fish. They need to be fed at least 3-4 times daily.

Tenth, I hope you have plenty of jars or something to separate the males when they start to sex (bullying etc.). You can put the females all in one tank and make a female Betta sorrority tank but the males need their own spaces. You will also need some place picked out that you can sell your Bettas to locally because they are going to grow FAST. (Back to the jar thing, you will need about 200 of them in case you have that many fry).

Eleventh, ALL of the jars will need heaters to keep them warm because they will get sick and die of not.

Make sure that the tank you are breeding in is big enough for the female to run from the male or she will get seriously hurt. I'd go for a 10 gallon. If I can think of anything else I will add, and if you have any questions ask.

that 1 guy
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
just put the female in a container in the tank (wen she ready to breed) so he can c her all the time (hella build a bubble nest) for like a day r so den let her out just have alot of water plands so she can hide wen he chases her and just leave it by like 3 days r so they will breed dats wat i do sometimes less then 3 days